USB not recognised by SC5000

I remember that when I had this happen I was told that the front USB port is for usb 2 only and the back USB ports were usb 3 only. I don’t know what the prime 4 ports are (usb 2 or 3 )

This is why there’s a usb extension lead in the box with the sc5000 — to give easier front access to the rear usbs when you have a usb 3 flash drive.

But, if you’re sharing dozens of usb flash drives around, no ones gonna know if their flash is usb 2 or usb 3

The front is usb 2 only, the back is usb3 but backwards compatible. I’ve already tried all the ports. Usbs that work work in all ports, usbs that don’t work in none. And its on both players too. Tried formatting fat32 with the proper tool etc.

@Enlight, I know this is a really late response, but do any of the drives that don’t work, have any type of splash/start up screen when plugged into a computer, or have more than one drive letter on it (usually used to store a back up utility that can be used with that stick), or a “Secure Access” feature? Some may even have a hidden drive letter (that stores that backup utility software/program) so you may not see it when the drive is plugged into a computer for viewing it’s contents. Any of those things could potentially cause the issues you had.

A long time ago (on the old Denondjforums), it was found that some companies (like Sandisk and Lexar) had this type of stuff factory installed on the drive, and even when trying to do a full format of the drive, that stuff was still there (it was write protected). Sandisk finally came to their senses and released a program that could properly wipe/format the drive so that everything (including their back up utility program) was wiped clean… but til this day I was told that they are still producing thumb drives with that stuff on it.

Here’s some info about the Sandisk utilities. https://tinyurl.com/y5dkujrm

Yea, the FAT32's stop at 4GB's, at some point, and wont work beyond certain amount of tracks, & data,you see. Not exactly sure why my friend...lol.. & the  64 GB" exFAT's ", will hold like 5,000 tracks, & also will let you utilize both Mac, & Windows, & some other features, as well. exFAT is A more modern supported file system these days, rather than the widely spread, and widely known FAT32s, which for some reason, especially on music driven devices or media players, they freeze up or stop at 4 gigabytes of data or tracks lets say. So I guess the " 64 GB exfat " flash drives are more compatible, And don't stop you at 4 gigabytes either......🔥💯 👍💪🙏🎶🌎

Hi, I was wondering how to seek help with my Denon SC-5000M, im very new to Denon, & thought everything was all set, I moved all music to my Scandisk Extreme GO Flash Drive USB 3.1, from my phone, & all was well. Plus, I had made sure that it was formatted in either exFAT or FAT32, wich the website said they come in exFAT or FAT32 format. And, I also had checked into it, as well, & MoJaXX, on DJ City even recommended this flash drive specifically for Denon DJ. And when I stuck it in the USB slots, its not reading it at all, & where I dont own a computer at all, wich was why I went this direction, with the USB stick, now my phone, or the Denon SC-5000M wont read it anymore, I’m lost. And, if I cant figure out whats going on with this flash drive, my music is gone, my whole collection of the last 5 years. Im losing my mind over here, cause this was all my music, digital, at least, that I had. And, of course it will read the other shitty flash drive that I have, but not this one? I tried everything, I read the manual, Iooked on youtube, & also, I downloaded the firmware update onto my older flash card, as well as the one that has all my music on it, and its not reading the firmware update on either. Im officially lost, & also new with this digital side of things, where im usually using records or vinyl… Lol… Hoping I can fix this, or I’m gonna have to send this back to Denon, cause everything I thought would be great has turned against me, and possibly now I’ve lost all my music, as well. Please help, much thanks, and appreciation…

How did you get allowed your files into it without using a computer?

1 Like

Whats good homie, I used an OTG cable, so that my flash drives can connect rite to my smartphone, or any Android device, as well, for the most part. It creates a file, sort of like the record function on a Reloop Spin Portable Turntable, with a flash drive. Instead, its a" Type-C-OTG Cable ", wich has the Type-C end, wich goes into the phone, & then the other end you stick your USB Flash Drive inside it, & then your phone, tablet, or whatever, will then show that a USB Drive has been connected, wich usually will direct you straight to the downloads app on your phone, or the files app, as well, also works. I like using the files app, not the"Google Version ", just the files app that most phones usually have. And then its simply either"moving your files, or copying, basically thats up to you, & your memory situation. :+1: I was able to go on beatport.com, And at least re-download about 250 songs from there, and then I had to move them from my phone onto the USB flash drive, for use with the Denon SC5000M. If I own the computer, I definitely would have backed up my music for sure! But, where I only own a Android tablet and are smartphones, I’ve been figuring ways to accomplish these things without a computer. which was pretty much why I got that Denon SC5000M. Cuz they said that you don’t need a computer to use it, it even said that you can download the new version 1.6 firmware update using a USB flash as well. Do I have to be connected to Wi-Fi on the media player, or is the Wi-Fi has nothing to do with the firmware update? Thanx man. But yeah, if you or anybody is able to help me with my question, it would be highly appreciated, where I don’t own a computer and I can use the instrument that’s not a problem I was practicing earlier, but I basically lost almost 5,000 songs tonight on my brand new Scandisk Extreme GO 64 GB flash drive 3.1… And it made no sense, I literally finished up a 2-week process of moving all the music over to my flash drive literally last night, everything was working and functioning perfectly fine. Then when I tried plugging it into my OTG cable to move some more music onto the flash drive, something popped up on my screen that said file is corrupt, and it was only giving me the option to format it, which we both know that means erase all my music, plain & simple. So I simply unplug the flash drive and OTG cable from the phone which I don’t normally do, but wasn’t sure what else to do with that moment. And then, I ended up having to move all the re downloaded music from my beatport.com account, onto my shitty monster USB drive that only has like 8 gigabytes. And I was almost able to re-download all my songs from Beatport.com app, but, About 30 or 40 tracks I wasn’t able to fit on to the smaller USB flash drive, Where it wasn’t the flash drive I had planned on using in the first place. But yeah man, all you need is an OTG cable which you can get on Amazon to fit any USB type connection for a phone. Some smartphones these days have OTG ability built into the phone! If not, there’s also ways of going on to your phone, and going into developer mode, as well, & there’s a few things you can adjust in there like your USB setting for when you plug things into the USB, and what it will do when it is plugged into the USB. But last time I only had to mess with stuff like that on the phone, it was when I was trying to set up my Mixfader, and my Mixfader Prolink. But yeah, if anybody can possibly help me figure out how to get this firmware update, and also how to maybe salvage my music which I’m guessing is probably not possible. Cool man thanx bud. He ever have any questions, feel free to ask, And if there’s anything I can help with, I’ll be glad to help. I do know some ■■■■, but I also need to learn a lot of ■■■■!.. Lol… Bahahahaha… :+1::pray::notes::earth_americas:

Sorry to hear that you lost music, It is the nature of the beast.

BACK UP! BACK UP! BACK UP!

Now to find a solution for this laptopless universe

1. Have you considered the dropbox option for the Denon primes instead of the OTG business
  2. Upload your files to dropbox on your phone
  3. Allow dropbox on the players
  4. Your tracks show up
  5. You need to have a USB plugged into the unit as storage

The video should start at the part relevant to your specific situation aka the second workflow

PS

Denon is also giving 25gb dropbox for 6 months, that should be more than enough for your 5000 songs

To show our appreciation and celebrate the addition of Dropbox , we’re giving all Engine OS product owners a 6-month 25GB space boost. This offer extends to new and existing Dropbox users. Register your Engine OS product on our website today to receive your free promo code.

1 Like

Thank you, I’ll definitely check this out for sure! :+1::pray::notes::earth_americas: Now, all my music was on that Scandisk Extreme GO, wich now isnt working, I guess. So, as far as using the internet, are you talking about the firmware update my friend, or, I guess im not exactly sure what you mean? Lol. Thanx man. Yea, im definitely gonna check that video out, & this dropbox app, but, was looking for something that wont depend on computers or wifi even, if avoidable. :+1: Just dont wanna deal with fighting with the WiFi, between my wife watching TV, with the WIFI, & me using it, as well at the same time. Thats probably not gonna work out to good. Besides, I got this for use without wifi, or any streaming, just loaded tracks that I can take with me, & that wont depend on a WiFi signal. Your health is extremely appreciated, but I need to find a solution that doesn’t depend on a Wi-Fi signal, and hopefully that doesn’t end with me having to use a computer… Lol

1. Don’t use Move, Use Copy to transfer music files from your Phone to your OTG USB

2. If you plug that corrupt USB to a laptop, perhaps Windows may be able to repair it and retrieve the music on it before re-formating (format as ExFAT because you have 5000 music files)

3. Paragraphs

1 Like

That’s a difficult ass way of doing it, but I respect your workflow if that’s what you are doing. Following Mufasa’s post, what storage are you using (as in service) as I’m assuming that it can’t all be local on your phone. Might be worth investing in a 2gb (or even bigger) drop box and using that to pass files to the Denons.

Would also mean that you’d have the ability to write to the USB if you ever had access to a PC. I know my first suggestion would be to reformat the USB, but if you are doing it on an android phone, it may not be quite right, and could possibly be why you are struggling to have it recognised.

1 Like

Rekordbox for iOS/Android.

It’s easy to transfer things like db+collections to USB stick now from these smart devices.

1 Like

The Dropbox free version comes with 2gb storage

Then 10bucks a month for the 2TB

Can one make rekordbox ready sticks with the app?

I know one can plug the phone to CDJs (ProDJ Link)

2 Likes

Yes

Hidden. Nice.

Thanks bud, I gotta get ahold of a laptop man, just been without one for a minute, but thanx for the awesome advice brotha :+1::pray::sunglasses::notes:

Thanks man :+1::pray::sunglasses::notes:

Buddafingaz101, I was going over older posts to see if answers were given, and saw your post about the thumb drive you were using. A quick Google search found what I believe to be the issue with that drive.

“To ensure your stored files remain secure, SanDisk has included with this flash drive a copy of its SecureAccess software featuring 128-bit AES file encryption and password protection. The drive also comes with a RescuePRO Deluxe data recovery software download offer. This software makes it easy to recover files that have been accidentally deleted (download required)”

Just as I suspected, your ScanDisk Extreme GO Flash Drive USB 3.1 thumb drive has backup/security software (which likely doesn’t get removed when you format it).

Please see my post up above (from Oct 2020) for more info.

I purchased an Intel 670p 2tb NVMe SSD, put it in a SSK enclosure, formatted it fat32, and copied music to it. Engine on my computer sees and loads everything from it, like it should. However, none of my four SC5000 players detect it. Any ideas?

Have you tried it in the back ports on the SC deck - ? Those are usb 3

The front usb port is only usb 2

Despite Drive claims, many usb 3 devices are not usb 2 backward compatible

1 Like

I only even use the back ports.