USB audio?

Hey there,

I believe people were suggesting alternatives whilst you wait for confirmation.

You are not the first person requesting and it even predates the live streaming era.

The engineers must have considered it and their may be technical limitations. I’m just guessing.

I do hope you find a solution that helps meet your needs.

PS

Notice I didn’t mention you should get a Behringer whilst you wait

:wink:

1 Like

@DJ_Lys_2 You don’t have to get angry, unfortunately there are requests that have been standing still for some years. Sometimes there are problems implementing them or sometimes they prioritize other requests. Surely they (Denon JD Team) have understood what you are asking. Maybe one day they will implement it, maybe not. Nobody knows. But you are right: it would be useful to have USB audio output, but none of us can do anything to satisfy you.

1 Like

No - not necessary. VDJ streams directly to many common services.

Even if it didn’t and you used OBS etc. it won’t overtax your computer - unless your computer happens to be underpowered.

No - using the Prime as a controller (so USB audio functions) is as designed. Using it standalone (so no USB) is also as designed. What you’re requesting is “not as designed”.

No one’s FORCING (sic) you to do anything. Also, if you have an underpowered computer, that’s not down to us or Denon.

I experienced better results running OBS and DJ software on separate computers.

When i was just using my Macbook pro, OBS CPU meter was in the 60-70%, i was having frame freeze.

Then i was running 2 Cameras feed, Serato, Mixemergency, OBS studio, OBS visuals, Green Screen, and Monitoring the Live feed on a single Macbook Pro.

2017 MBP Intel i7 2.9ghz Quad core, 16gb RAM, 4GB Radeon GPU

Its not an under powered unit.

Now i have Ryzen desktop PC dedicated to OBS. The OBS CPU meter is 3 to 5% with all the visuals etc.

Just leave me alone, leave my thread alone, and go somewhere else and harass somebody else…

You’re not contributing anything positive to this comment threat at all. All you’re doing is belittling me and talking to me like I’m fcking stupid for requesting a simple firmware patch.

I’ve told you about 15 times on two different threads that I do not want to run my standalone unit as a software controller. But you don’t care about that. I also told you that I don’t want to over tax my system by running multiple pieces of software at the same time because I know the limitations of my computer. But you won’t accept that so please just go away…

Nothing you said has contributed anything positive to this conversation at all so just go away…

It’s ok to request a feature, in fact they’ve even got a preset form in the suggestion section of the forum.

The forum also has a voting system. When a suggestion gets more and more votes, the developers can then see the importance or popularity of each idea.

When an idea is picked by the developers whatever programming or settings they prepare, then goes through beta testing to ensure that no existing features or other pending implementations are jeopardised.

Some requests have been in that process have been there for over 3 years. Even for ideas which might have been described as easy, essential, sales enhancing, quick etc,

Also, when it’s considered that the developers are always always working on whatever approved ideas are pending at that time on a roadmap, you could be looking at years for your request to be worked on and reach a public firmware release.

If you’re looking to stream out, sooner, you may need to look at passing your primes analogue audio outputs to a digital system that can stream any feeds it gets. Alternatively, you could record the audio and video into an mp4 file then upload that to a suitable site. Ok it wouldn’t be “live” but then again is “live” all that important to stream audiences?

Hello everyone,

Apologies for letting this get as long as it did without an answer. The Prime 2 hardware is not capable of sending the audio over the USB port, so there is no possibility that a future firmware update can add this functionality.

The best way to hook this up to your computer would be to use an audio interface.

3 Likes

You’re right. I was answering based upon the use case described above.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.