USB audio?

Has anyone figured out how to output audio via the usb??? (and PLEASE dont reply, telling me to buy an interface, i already burned 1 up.)

if this can’t be done, how can we request this in a future firmware update??

I has had a feature request for a time. And due to a lack of hardware specification, it is not possible to ad this feature with a firrmware update. You can only use the inbuild soundcard, while prime is not in standalone mode. And only if you use dedicated software, like virtual dj or serato. Otherwise the soundcard is deactivated.

here was my feature request for that.

https://community.enginedj.com/t/asio-usb-sound-activated-in-standalone-mode/21003

2 Likes

Not enough USB audio channels? Interesting.

No serato support yet, could this also be the reason?

What do you mean with “not enough USB audio channels ?”

Prime 4 has 10 mono in and 8 mono out (6 without headphone) on the internal soundcard.

Input

1 - 2 = Player 1 (Stereo) - (Or Line in)

3 - 4 = Player 2 (Stereo) - (Or Line in)

5 - 6 = Player 3 (Stereo) - (Or Line in)

7 - 8 = Player 4 (Stereo) - (Or Line in)

9 - 10 = Mic1/Mic2 (2xMono) (Mic level in)

Output

1 - 2 = Main Out

3 - 4 = Booth out

5 - 6 = Zone out

7 - 8 = Headphone out

Also in prime 4 this should be a 10i/8o audio card.maybe a 10/10 where a second pair is internally used for the fx section.

I thought by the posting only about the inbuild soundcard of the prime. and as denon mentioned, it is not possible to use this card to send usb audio out, while it is in standalone mode.

1. yea - serato is only supported on prime 4 (but you can buy it for the prime 2.)

I think - he would like to strream the audio from prime internally via usb to obs or a recording software, and this is not possible.

is this the same for the Prime2

How?

I dont recall Serato being supported for P2. Only Virtual DJ supports the Prime2 AFAIK

I thought only the unlocking of serato as free version. Why should the software when you buy not work with prime 2 ?

(by the way, I don´t know)

can someone please tell … does serato work with prime 2 / yes or no ?

No. It does not.

I don’t know how you can say that I didn’t provide enough specs or data. I’m literally talking about the Denon DJ Prime 2 DJ controller that is actually made by denon. You know your own specs. I shouldn’t have to go through and tell you the specs of your own equipment. It’s real simple…

Give us the option to route our audio out through the USB 3.0 cable that you provide…

So when we launch things that we need for streaming, like OBS studios or stream Labs OBS or literally any other streaming software, we should be able to catch that audio coming from the prime through the USB cable and into our computer.

I didn’t think I was speaking a foreign language…

And I swear to God if somebody comments on here telling me to go buy a behringer audio interface I’m going to lose my freaking cool…

Don’t buy a Behringer audio interface :smile:

I feel their needs to be some official response as to how this feature appears not to be possible yet.

I appreciate the value of being able to do this even for recording purpose.

@DJ_Lys_2 did you send an email to technical support?

Switch the unit to controller/computer mode.

See above.

The only caveat (or maybe advantage) is that you won’t be able to use the Prime 2 with Serato - but VDJ has native support and can stream directly - no OBS required.

That’s a problem because that means I still have to invest money into paying for virtual DJ. And I know it doesn’t cost much but with the advanced technology that they have in this standalone system, there has to be some kind of way, through a firmware update, for us to route the audio out through the USB while it’s in standalone mode…

Other controllers by other companies can do this already.

We, the consumers of Denon products, should not be forced to buy hardware or software from another company in order to be able to stream from a standalone Denon product…

Did any advertising or point-of-sale leaflet say that it would do this?

Although a cheap n cheerful behringer audio interface would do for streaming, you’d be better off considering something like an M-Audio M-track or one of the Focusrite interfaces for this.

Obviously some of the models higher up in the Prime range have “broadcast mode” or built-in functionality, and I guess that’s part of what makes the pricing different.

Controllers, yes - and the Primes can be switched to controller mode. If it’s in standalone mode then it’s not a controller.

You can stream from the standalone product. Just connect the audio output to the audio input of your computer. Please don’t complain about having to buy an audio cable :slight_smile:

1 Like

Okay. you condescending a__hole. except for not every computer has an audio input.

But you didn’t even consider that option…

You just came here to disparage somebody and try to make them feel bad but it’s not going to work.

My computer has USB 3.0. and that’s it. No headphone jack. No microphone jack. No firewire cable or anything else. Only USB 3.0 jacks…

So since you’re the master of everything and know all, what do you suggest I do?

Let me guess, buy an audio interface. And that’s exactly what brings me here.

It would be very very easy for Denon to allow us to route the audio out through the USB in a firmware update…

Multiple people have asked for this option and those threads get locked…

Seems to me like they are actively ignoring this for some reason and I’m just trying to understand why…

Nobody asked you to comment here with your condescending tone telling people to not complain about buying a cable…

Because even if they made a dual XLR to a 3.5 mm trrs connection, it wouldn’t do any good for me because I don’t have that input…

So, I am left with USB only as an option. Which means I would need to go out and purchase a second piece of equipment, IE and audio interface, or ask the maker of my high-tech piece of audio equipment to creative firmware patch that allows the audio to be routed out through the USBs while in standalone mode…

Since I’ve noticed several other users requesting this I figured since those threads were locked it’s about time to start another one to show Denon that streamers are serious about wanting USB audio…

If you can’t understand this need then it obviously just doesn’t apply to you and your individual setup. That doesn’t negate it for everyone else. This is a very real need in the streaming DJ community…

So I don’t care if you don’t need it or not, many of us do…

That doesn’t make the need any less important just because you don’t need it…

At no point in my request or any of my replies up until this one had I been anything but kind understanding, and forthright in my honest inquiry. So your condescending BS was not needed, not welcome, and serves no purpose other than to make you look like a jerk…

Have a lovely day…

P.s… Yes, even in standalone mode the prime is still a controller. It’s controlling engine OS which is built in. So yes, it’s still a controller, yes even in standalone mode, you need to really think things out before you start spouting off incorrect information…

You’ll need to fill out a request suggestion form rather than a post. Then if the suggestion gets a high number of votes, denon might look to see if the hardware can possibly be used that way. If the hardware can’t be used that way then the suggestion might get annotated by a denon r&d person as “cannot be implemented” or some such

I’ve definitely attempted to try to make a post in the feature request section but it tells me I need to tag my post with two tags category tags whatever they call them and I can’t figure out how to do that. There’s no drop down menu on my end and hashtags don’t work so I guess I’m doing something wrong and that’s my fault I suppose but I just can’t figure out how to make a post in that section. Trust me I ripped some of my own hair out trying to figure it out because there’s no drop down menu but it keeps rejecting my post for not being properly tagged but I can’t figure out how to tag it

1 Like

…and it was your choice to buy that particular computer. You choose to buy a computer with no audio interface then complain when people suggest that’s what you need? Hmmm.

I never said an any point that I don’t need it, so heaven knows where you got that from. I do understand though, the concept of a standalone DJ system vs a controller that requires a computer.

You insist on having USB audio output, yet using the unit in controller mode (where this is functional) is apparently not good enough. It’s not my fault your computer doesn’t have audio I/O and it’s not my fault that you refuse to switch the unit to controller mode in order to use the USB audio…

It seems you’re not aware that there’s a flaw with the USB audio output on these units anyway. The record signal has been set very low by Denon, which means that you’ll probably have to end up buying an audio interface to get around that anyway.

Glad to be of assistance.

How do one use the USB for audio out in controller mode. The Prime 4 has only one USB output port to connect to a computer.

I assumed one can only get audio via the DJ software or virtual audio routing software eg loopback running on the Computer and not through the Prime4 hardware.

Serato does NOT work on the Prime 2 at all… it just doesn’t. they want me to buy Virtual DJ and run my high tech stand alone unit as a PC controller for VDJ, AND virtual cable the sound into my streaming software, so i can overtax my PC and burn it up… that’s their solution… you know, cuz I’m stupid and wrong to ask DENON for a simple firmware update with an audio patch that clones the sound to USB when the unit is in stand alone mode…

it leads me to believe that they don’t even understand my request at all…

Why the F__K should I be FORCED to NOT use my system as designed? Why the F__K would I have got a stand alone if i wanted to use it as a VDJ controller? Why the F__K should i be forced to overtax my pc??

no one has given a good reason why DENON can’t create a usb audio patch, and merge it in with a future update… not 1… The hardware in a Prime 2 can handle this… they just need to code it in…

Most other controllers with an o.s. can do this out of the box…

but I’m the bad-girl for asking… I get it… I’m just a girl, I must be stupid…

pish!!!