UPGRADE PRIME 4... When?

We all want a standalone device with much better functionality.

1 Like

Yes, that’s a good thing. If I use VDJ with the P4 in an emergency (as written elsewhere) it can be a solution. But to use the P4 always with the PC and VDJ seems to me an unnecessary waste: it was worth buying a MIDI console and spending half the money.

Max, I would also want it, but we cannot know if certain requested functions cannot be implemented due to hardware limits or because they (Denon) simply believe that that request is useless. Instead, implementing a function on a software that can run on different hardware can be simpler because if your PC cannot perform that function due to hardware limits, you can always buy a new more performing PC. Instead the hardware of the Prime 4 is like this and will remain so if not when the Prime 4 MK2 is released

my question is why it was not designed with an operating system capable of managing the functions of a professional software for DJs. A worktation like this, could cost 2000/2500 dollars but it would have made sense. You either do it well or you don’t. Nonsense is waiting for another future version wich includes old functions (but now still missing)…

Look, you’re obviously not happy with the Denon ecosystem and practically every post is whinging about it, so if you are that unhappy, buy a controller and use DJ software, or just use software with the Denon hardware, there’s literally nothing and nobody stopping you from doing this.

Or do what @Engell did and create a feature request topic for the features you want, and let Denon decide whether they’ll add them or not. Sometimes you might not get a response or you’ll get a response you don’t like and that’s fine.

You should buy hardware based upon what it does at the time of purchase, not what it could do in future. Many of us bought the SC5000’s before we knew about WiFi, so from our perspective, things like streaming are just an added bonus. We bought the hardware because at the time of purchase, it was (and still is) miles ahead of other standalones. Did we expect everything that DJ software includes? Absolutely not - those of us that read up about it knew there was no sampler for instance.

Whether dropping these features that are common in DJ software in order to go standalone is worth it is up to the buyer, but I think you probably made the wrong decision here.

2 Likes

Hello all,

From my point of view prime 4 and all other Denon products are too good. But for prime 4 and as 3 months now i am totally happy, i would like to have track preview in 1st priority. If this can not be implemented and as many users look for this it would be nice from Denon side to tell us that this can not be done or just to announce that it will be done in a feature firmware. I understand the methodology that WE DO NOT ANNOUNCE ANYTHING, ok, it is a policy, but as Denon clients, somehow we have to know what to expect or not. I am always every morning with my coffee check the download section as i am waiting for a new firmware with goodies or whatever they want to improve. Ps: About sampler in pads, i know the solution for loading a track in 3 or 4 deck but other users would like to have it as memory in pads. In a topic i read some time ago that maybe this needs extra hardware memory, so my answer to this is that maybeas for some users 3 and 4 deck are useless then we could disable from settings 3 and 4 and this reserved memory to go for sampler. Just an idea.

Ohh, I didnt even know that this thread had evolved in to a discussion about the new feature from VDJ and Djay Pro so soon…

@max_stereomode - If you would like this feature, you can give my request a Like: https://community.enginedj.com/t/stems-separation/23408/8 Not saying that it will be implemented, but the more that Like´s a request, the bigger the chance they will look into it.

I think it has been mentioned a couple of times now, that this is the correct way to get Denon´s attention regarding features that would be great to implement.

So instead of going on and on with the same negative communication over and over again, try to embrace the possibilities we actually have, and work with Denon instead of against!

I think this conversation has run it’s course. I’m closing it as I feel that everyone has said their bit and I would like to end this on a high note.

If you feel that this was done in error and that there is still additional insight to be had in this discussion, feel free to PM me.

3 Likes