Updating library from iTunes Pt. 2

I can report similar behaviour as with the MCX8000 compatibility scan.

I don’t own the MCX8000 and have the option disabled but the progress monitor still proceeds with a compatibility scan.

Another observation

Why does EP scan through libraries or tracks even when one click to another playlist after starting up.

It’s almost like it’s always working or searching for something.

Soundswitch has a lightening fast Serato library read, it has beatgrids, id etc so it pulls a fair bit of information from Serato database and manages to do this faster than Serato itself. That’s just for comparison btw.

Hey @Engell,

We are actively looking at both issues you’ve reported above.

Can you try moving the cursor focus to a smaller playlist or crate? We identified a bug where import times are reduced if the cursor is highlighting a crate/playlist with a large number of tracks. This is something we will patch soon.

The MCX8000 compatibility should not be running when the option is set to off. This is something we discovered recently and will also patch soon.

I have an empty crate and playlist created just because of this observation as well.

I highlight the empty crate or playlist and you notice things move a bit faster.

This is while importing / updating the full iTunes library, so you just want me to set the pointer at another folder, even if its still updating the full library?

Yes just click on an empty crate/playlist in your EP collection.

I dont know how it works but like 7up…the difference is clear.

Ok, will try :slightly_smiling_face: I have cancelled the update the last 3 times cause it took hours… So hope this works.

One issue is that I dont have any empty folders, and cant create one in iTunes that I can choose, since it doesnt import it…

I have chosen a folder with 18 tracks in, instead.

How large is this library …just curious…

I think minimal GUI activity helps speed things up.

No reason to have the progress window pop up rather than to check occasionally.

I even go as far as CMD + Q after initiating analyses. Then it gives you options of what to do following analysis.

If I’m doing before bed I choose Shut down mac. If doing it during the day, I just leave it to Close EP

Go grab a coffee and do something meaningful with my time.

I usually let it work during nighttime or while I work on another computer. I have gone to bed, sleep for 9 hours and when I woke up, it was still at the same point.

I dont use the Mac while it is importing and dont run any other things meanwhile.

Around 60000 tracks I think.

I have approx 67k tracks on mine but I’m importing from Serato.

Takes about 20/30mins for a library refresh…which is still bloody too long if you ask me.

But overnight in your case no…something ain’t right.

1 Like

This pictures is taken 6 minutes ago… Lets see if it has moved in an hour… It havent yet!

@JWiLL - if you somehow could give a ETA, it would be great. Cause I have learned that ‘soon’ in Denon-language, could be some where between 3 and 6 months… Even a year…

Product/Firmware availability is confidential information I am not at liberty to disclose. I could lose my job for that.

I like my job :smiley:

I understand that, but its just the word ‘soon’ I dont like, cause it tells you nothing when its in Denon-term… I have another understanding of ‘soon’ when I use that word.

Well here a photo 1 hour later… You couldnt see the progressbar in the bottom on the first pictures, but its not moving either.

How many tracks & playlists are in your iTunes Library?

Does the job status change?

Is your iTunes library on internal or external HDD?

Around 60.000 tracks, 28 playlist/ folders and then several sub folders

The Job status do not change

Internal

Hmm it shouldn’t take that long for a collection of that size. Could you tell me what OS version, and iTunes version?

Both are the latest working ones… I’m not home right now… Went out with the girl.

All good man. Just shoot me those version #'s when you have a moment. Thanks!

Tuesday is date night :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Have you done this particular sync before?

If so what’s changed since your last sync?

Good questions!

Also, does your iTunes library include video files?

Are you using iTunes Match?

What happens if you backup your iTunes folder by renaming it, then reopen iTunes (new iTunes library) add a few thousand songs, close iTunes and then Update the Library in Engine Prime?

I’m having all the same issues as being discussed here. Is denon doing anything to solve this issue?

I’ve currently got £1500 worth of prime 4 sat on my desk gathering dust as the possess just takes too long or completely crashes my computer.