Updating library from iTunes Pt. 2

Okay - so I didn´t get any response from Denon at all on my post that now is 31 days old.

So I´ll just try again… :slight_smile: (For Denon-personel - there´s 3 questions below)

Why is it that EVERYTIME I update my iTunes Library it also HAS to import the Artwork? Shouldnt it be enough to import that part once and then only update with new ones?

It takes like forever for Engine Prime to finish that part - And I cant wait a whole day for the artwork import.

There should be a option in the preferences to remove this action.

And finally - Will the new version of Engine Prime be any faster? - I added like 300 tracks to my library / HDD today in different folders - so far it has taken more than 4 hours.

Thanks for your time.

//Kim

3 Likes

Agreed 100%! This is the most insanely slow import process I have ever seen. Two options should be permitted (1) should allow us to not import artwork at all, which would be useful for times when you need to quickly import a new iTunes database; and (2) should allow us to skip importing artwork for songs already in the Engine Prime library. That way, you can do a slow update at any point if you uncheck either of the above. I dread ever updating my iTunes library in Engine Prime because of this. Please address these issues!

Thank you.

-Mike

2 Likes

Did you contact the support ?

As I see no option/ checkboxes to check/ un-check the Artwork update, I see no reason to contact support regarding that issue. Cause its not a hardware vs software issue. They simply need to add a option in the setting to cancel this process from the start. Pasque’s 2 points are spot on!

Will this be better in the upcoming update? ( @paul_denondj )

I have the same issue too with refreshing my Serato library in Engine Prime after adding a few new tracks to Serato.

Engine basically imports the entire Serato library again. It’s an overnight job in my case as my Serato library has 62k tracks. I just added 6 new tracks.

There should be a way for Engine to just do a mini update of newer files only.

A work around that can also be implemented is to allow dragging and dropping I.e open Serato highlight all the new files, drag the multiple files to Engine Prime collection. Currently when I try dragging multiple files from Serato to Engine Prime only one track copies.

1 Like

Sorry to dig this one up again but holy smokes is this process killing me!! Please say this is being addressed in an update. There’s needs to be an easy way for Engine to just update new files. And I mean that when exporting as well. The whole process takes far too long.

4 Likes

My iTunes refresh fails every time. It shows 144 songs of 87,000.

Any iTunes importing improvements?

Seems like its going faster after the last update - but would still be a huge improvement if they would allow you to choose Yes/No to import image in the settings. This is the biggest time-killer.

Thank you for your comments all, I understand the questions raised and the frustration it is causing.

I can confirm that there will be speed improvements coming for Serato, iTunes and Traktor loading time that I hope will ease the process for you all.

Thanks again for the feedback and please keep it coming.

J

1 Like

wow! what kind of workflow was imagined in the first place?

i’m open to suggestions on how to get around this. but if it is as described, the sync-from-pc workflow is not usable. no one can let engine run over night every time they want to add something to their library.

@Djscottyb did you figure anything out?

Hey there. Well the overall speed issue was addressed, yes. There are still housekeeping things that would be helpful - like better management of updated and updating songs. I really wish when I plugged my drive in it would just see that I’ve added new songs and ask if I’d like to add them to my library. And I still hope for better BPM analysis. That’s really the biggest one. I’d love a way to fix it but really at the end of the day I just want it better. I know they’re hard at work on it though. How have your experiences been with EP?

HI all, 1.3.1 brought some speed improvements to the iTunes & Serato library imports and we’re continuing to do so.

Regards J

After 1.3.1 I´m actually experiencing some issues updating from iTunes.

It freezes… I just havent had the time to adress this issue yet.

If I want to start over and do a clean install, and create the library from scratch again, how do I do it the best way step by step?

HI @Engell, Firstly I’d make a complete back up of your laptop.

Un-install Engine Prime and then delete the EP ‘Engine Library’ folder (or move it to an external device) Restart your laptop Install Engine Prime Restart your laptop

EP should now open with a new and empty library

Thanks J

Hi @Jay_DenonDJ

Her you can see the issue… It has been standing like this for more than 2 hours.

Furthermore, I have disabled the MCX8000 compability scan in the settings, but it still scans…

1 Like

Thanks for this @Engell, I’ll get back to you after I’ve consulted with the the team

J

Thanks @Jay_DenonDJ, much appreciated.