Update freezes when I click ok on “Update Firmware?”

I have tried numerous times to upgrade from v1.2 to v1.5 with no avail. I can’t get passed the initial “Upgrade Firmware?” I select and click “OK”, but nothing happens, it just freezes.

Does anyone know why this is happening? And how I can upgrade my X1800?

Had the same situation literally just yesterday

First make sure you can connect to the mixer: Open the control panel (C:\Program Files (x86)\Denon DJ\X1800 Prime\Panel.exe) and see if it shows “Connected”. If it doesn’t, uninstall and reinstall the x1800 driver.
Updating from 1.2 to 1.5 wouldn’t work for me. I eventually had to download the old 1.3 updater, which did work, then update to 1.5 from there. Updating takes a while (like 10 min) but you’ll know when it’s working if the gain bars are moving during the “data receiving” stage.

Thanks Rexit.

I’ve just tried uninstalling all Denon programmes on laptop and reinstalled for v1.3, but I think it’s a hardware problem rather than software.

The step by step instructions says that once I click “OK” on the mixer when it asks if I want to “update firmware?” It should say “data receiving”, but it doesn’t. It crashes and it won’t do anything else.

Have a you tried a different USB cable?

There’s a ritual you will have to preform to update and it usually takes at most 3 tries to do it.

Can you pls give this info about your setup.

Os version + version # + model of your computer.

And the last working firmware in the mixer.