Update Existing Crate and Playlist

• What is the feature or ability you would like to have?

To be Able to update pre existing crate for us folks that maintain our library in Serato, iTunes, Traktor, Rekordbox DJ

• How will this feature help you and others?

Currently if a crate is imported once to Engine Prime for Serato, if you add new songs to that crate/playlist and refresh library, EP doesn’t allow one to import the crate.

The option to import as crate or playlist is disabled when one right clicks the crate in the Serato tab

Just add an option “update crate/playlist”

• Is this feature available in an existing product? If so, what product?

Not Applicable

• Does a workaround currently exist?

Delete the crate/playlist from EP collection and re-add it

• How often would you use this feature?

Every day

• Is there any additional information you’d like to add?

Just another peculiarity of EP :man_technologist:t5:

27 Likes

Yes. Crazy that this isn’t already a feature

1 Like

I feel I’m being super dumb but I’m struggling to get any SDJ crates imported into EP.

I have dragged the crate from the Serato DJ tab to the collection target but nothing happens. There seems to be no way of importing at all. I’ve read the instructions and searched online but I’m at a loss.

1 Like

Did you figure this out ?

1 Like

Unfortunately not. I’m still scratching my head over this but sure it’s just me being dumb. I know there is many import shortcomings in EP but surprisingly few people having any issue with the importing of crates.

Maybe I’m doing something wrong but it seems like I’m doing it right.

1. Refresh the Serato DJ library.
  2. In the SDJ tab, drag a crate to the target drive and drop onto the Prime 4 target.

I’ve tried dropping onto the target collection and target playlists/crates. It will drag but not drop.

Hmmm… I’m sure I’ll work it out somehow if I keep persevering!

2 Likes

Yes, please. When I add music, all i need is to update a crate, not my whole Serato library. This needs to be fixed asap. I add, delete and/or move files every week. Even though I have a fast computer, this is unnecessary and time consuming. I haven’t even tried to update my Prime 4 harddrive.

3 Likes

Yes please! This needs implemented ASAP! Making it incredibly tedious to use Engine Prime, so much that I dont bother, just sticking with Rekordbox for now.

1 Like

I can agree upon supporting to import one time and one way from another program, but I think development resources should go to making Engine Prime a better music management tool.

Importing is an extra feature to get people’s collection into Prime. I think it should stop there, but that’s my opinion.

This crossed my mind as well, a one time import thingy. But then they should have created a separate app for that.

Traktor had the same then, a tool for converting Serato to Traktor.

Since they (Denon) decided to bake this powerful feature into Engine Prime then it should be intuitive, fluid and efficient.

When Engine Prime is mature enough in its own right then they can remove this important tool. I still rely on Serato to get proper BPM and I know folks who swear by Traktor.

For now it’s essential as its part of the marketing pitch to get folks to buy the hardware.

The main issue is all the proprietary database of various dJ software. They should all agree on a standard and reserving the database for program specific functions.

Serato seems to be able to pack enough things into the id tags eg I can download a track with flip and I can use the flip.

But how do you explain this not working right with iTunes? iTunes playlist are also affected, even if we disregard other third party dJ softwares.

I’ve just purchased Denon hardware and was blown away this wasn’t an option. Hardware is great, Engine needs work. I’d love for this ability to be added. Super important in making Engine a time efficient piece of software.

1 Like

You just announce the thing we need… I most def hope the prime is getting a sync option so we can click directly from rekordbox or itunes in my case the playlists we want to have on the prime 4. And it only updates the new songs we added. The way i work nowdays is i update my prime 4 every month just once. And every day i update a usb with rekordbox files.

Option 2 i like to see if another dj put his rekordbox stick in my prime 4 the option dont import can be used only he isnt able to play? what means if i click yes i cant control my liveset annymore and have to wait until his files are imported…:s

Yes please a sync option!!

Now you have to do too manny steps just to load the prime 4… i now cant use prime just because it takes to much time to load instead of recordbox. just plugin refresh and load the extra songs and albums i putted in my excisting playlist. would be a huge must have on engine prime.

Now i load 1x every two months the engine prime. and every weekend a usb with rekordbox cause it safes me a lot of time.