Update 2.1 and the effects issues not solvet yet in prime 4

I can’t believe it, they ignore us and we continue with the useless effects

6 Likes

That means then still 1.6.x

Cant understand that Denon keep adding new features with every Update and possible new bugs before they fix obvious Bugs

2 Likes

There is no reason to stay on 1.6.

Version 2.1.0 is stable, there are some bugs that were also present in the previous ones, but other bugs have been fixed, you have to wait and be patient. However, the latest release is reliable and personally I haven’t had any problems with it yet.

The bugs that are left do not affect the functioning or your gig.

@DjAj Of course, if you don’t use fx…but the fx bugs are knowledge fron 1.6.x and now is time to solve it, that have to be preferent

1 Like

The effects in 2.1.0 are identical to those in 1.6.0.

FX bugs are not bugs that don’t allow you to use them: I regularly use ECHO, FLANGER, ROLL. You just have to use them carefully. For example, the ECHO must not be activated when Wet / Dry is in the middle of the setting, but must start from zero and rise little by little.

They will certainly be solved. We just have to wait.

1 Like

I agree with you - I’ve had the update on it since this morning and so far it’s been going very well for me until this auto gate bug. At least the work around still works if you have set auto gate once when wet / dry to zero, then it works

Yes, unfortunately to get around the bug we must always rotate Wet / Dry to zero before changing the effect. The flaw is not found on all FX, but if you get into this habit then go easy.

They still need to quantise the effects. It can’t be that hard to do. Pioneer RXJ managed it without issues. makes most of the effects redundant to me. It’s pot luck if the effects are in time when activated - especially auto gate.
It’s about time they added some new effects also - most are pointless - ping pong anyone!?

2 Likes

@Stulynn if I buy a 2000 euro controller, I would like to be able to use fx, you are very right, if traktor, serato, virtual dj, recordbox and other software manufacturers and the pioneer rmx 1000, rmx500, djm xxx, xdj … etc They can do it, why can’t they denon? They focus on improving the attractiveness to sell more, but then you have problems and you are disenchanted with the brand. I would have known about these problems before buying the prime 4, and I would have bought the xdj-xz without hesitation. the fx must be updated now, some are very bad !! Ping-pong without words, it’s horrible !!

But according to you @DjAj, is the solution to be careful with fx? in a live, for example, I have more things to do than be aware of that and my controller has to work 100x100 ok, I should not be careful when using the echo, or moving the knobs to deactivate the flanger and then activate autogate and more when It is not quantized, if I am lucky and activate it in the correct thousandth of a second it sounds good otherwise my set will be horrible!

5 Likes

I agree - Autogate sounds awful I miss “Dub-Echo” and “vinyl Brake” from Pioneer

Being careful with the FX means no beers before my set. :sob: :stuck_out_tongue:

No, that’s not the solution. This is just one way to use FX until the problem is fixed.

Ok, I undestand that, but it’s pretty sad that what is supposed to be one of the best items in denon we have to walk around with these things like an old car that to drive you have to be holding things that fall instead of enjoy your newly purchased premium car. I hope it works ok and if thre is any problem must be fixed as soon as posible and not wait several months and trust the problem Will be fixed.

3 Likes

You are completely right. We all hope it gets fixed soon.

1 Like

sorry to get into the conversation a little off topic

I generally see all the effects in dj equipment as primitive, except for the effects on pioneer mixers, although they are not perfect, but at least they are fun to play with. The biggest mistake of all effects is their location. Therefore, it is often possible to see how DJs buy various external effects, guitar pedals, iPad applications, individual multi effects.

It would be much better if the effects were arranged as in pioneer mixers, and the effects above decks or on individual players should not exist at all. This is a mistake of the hardware concept. I used these 3-4 separate knobs on each deck on almost all the controllers that exist now on the market, and to my taste it is a very stupid implementation that is extremely inconvenient to use. Effects, pad effects, rolls, and so on should be in one place, with the ability to specify a channel.

2 Likes

Welcome, here anyone can give their opinion freely, I agree with everything you say, so much so that I have just bought a rmx 1000, and it is a very very good choice, I am learning how to use it but for now I am delighted

1 Like

Are you using the rmx 1000 with the prime 4 fella I didn’t think u can use effect units with the prime 4 ??

Yes but only can use it with the master, not by channels, i connect the rca Master out from prime 4 to rca input of the rmx and the rca out of the rmx to the speakers, but with the lot of features of rmx 1000 i can use it better than the prime 4 fx bank. Only with the master out and not by channels, yes but I have got more fx and functions than the p4 fx bank.

2 Likes

Little trick: if u are’nt using 4 channels, u can use RMX as Soundbite sampler works in early years. Get an Y cable for headphones and use cue to route sound to RMX. Then use channel 3 or 4 as return. Not best approach but get more control because u can apply effect to one channel at once… or Two channels if configure CUE not solo mode.

if Denon enable an option in prefs to route CUE to secondary output u don’t need the Y headphone cable.

1 Like

I Don’t undestand how you say, but using máster as send, channel 4 as return and them booth like Master to speaker?