Update 1.6

Anyone updated prime 2 yet???

Tomorrow :slightly_smiling_face: I will let you know.

Yes, I did the update from 1.5.2 to 1.6.0 with an SD card (FAT32).Tip: Turn down the volume of your amplifiers/speakers, there were some ugly pops during the update process.

Everything runs fine after my first superficial tests. However, I had no real problems before the update.

The first thing I noticed about the undocumented new features is that the sorting of Tidal playlists now finally matches the original, as I’ve always been longing for :smile:

1 Like

Can You check effects volume? Echo for example was broken 2 updates ago. After turn Wet/Dry knob away from neutral position, track volume was noticeable louder.

Hello! From what I’ve noticed so far, effect volume has become good without raising the master sound much more usable. I think the earpiece volume has become quieter. i like the new interface much better. The usability of the effect is already positive.

1 Like

What’s peoples thoughts on nee horizontal waveform screen?? 2 wave forms half the screen rather than full length

Not owning the Prime 2 myself (I am interested, though probably not buying until Serato as additional option becomes available) but can you guys confirm and give more information about the improved GUI and library, especially in vertical waveform screen?

It wasn’t shown anywhere, but when you check the Denon webpage for the Prime Go and Prime 2, you stumble over this…

… you notice the layout looks better and more track columns are shown! We just had 5-6 columns, now we have 8, nice! That was one of the major things requested. I am curious about the font size. Still readable? Can anyone post a real-life photo?

3 Likes

Hmm, this looks the same as before. I notice that you have track # on the left side. Are you in playlist, crates or streaming?

@DrLastContaQt Unfortunately, I cannot second @MaxVarion 's impression regarding echo effect. Output is still clearly louder with echo full wet, compared to echo off. Supposedly due to adding echo fragments without reducing overall level.

@SORAR Same display as @MaxVarion here. I cannot change to a view similar to the one you have found online. Still 5 rows for the songs.

Today I will update mine. Effects are the only think I dont like about this gear. Besides that is a work of art for me :slight_smile:

Effects are the same but I found something interesting. I record two videos of the same track playing, starting from the same needle point with the same gain and master gain.

This is 1.5.2. https://photos.app.goo.gl/4aqK7NemvsYRX1an8

This is 1.6.0 https://photos.app.goo.gl/yXbjV3qmMWKF9URR6

On 1.6.0 volume mater on deck 1 is all the way up, the top blue LED is always on but doesn’t effect master volume. Its the same with all my tracks on Prime 2…

Why have you removed horizontal wave forms that’s crazy

■■■■■■ me the size of the full waveform in horizontal so small side by side, especially on the smaller prime 2 screen anyone else disappointed???

1 Like

Can a DenonDJ moderator investigate this ‘issue’ and ask the engineering team? I had hoped for improved track browsing in vertical wave mode as well and your webpage images for both the Prime 2 and Prime Go definetly had been updated a few days ago. But people report that there are still only 5 rows of songs visible with the EFX section being active. Will this come with 1.6.1 maybe? Or why does the homepage show a different browse window suddenly? Thank you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The issue with VU meter is reported as a bug and approved by moderator :point_right: https://community.enginedj.com/t/vu-meter-blue-led-issue-on-prime-2-running-eos-1-6/29982/3

Hi there. i went back to firmware 1.5.2. because this vu problem is not common. Masteren lights up 1 while the channel is already blue. I think the earphones are quieter too. so i’m waiting for a fix. obviously sorry because part of the au effect got better in 1.6 al. but the channel volume should be okay rather than the effect.

I also noticed it. I have to crank up the headphones volume to get the level that I’m used to.

Tidal downloading has slowed down as well