Update 1.6.0 and locked platter issue persists

Hi all,

I’m quite sad to report that deck 2 just locked as it has done with all the previous updates. I know you guys have been working hard on getting a fix for this, but I’m really not sure what to do now. I’m one of those plays-mostly-live-recorded music with variable beat grids, so 1.4 doesn’t really cut it for me.

I noticed the vinyl-button on the RH deck came on and then it just locked up and needed a restart. I don’t want to be adding sour grapes to what all-in is a great update with many top notch additions, but at this stage I don’t see me risking taking this to a live venue once it (hopefully) opens up in the future. I’d welcome any suggestions/thoughts at this stage.

Best wishes from Norway

3 Likes

Has anyone with this issue on 1.5.x or 1.6.x (Beta) actually downgraded and confirm this is not an issue with 1.4.x?

Edit: I’m asking because only some people seemed to have had this issue on 1.5.x, so in your case you may not have it even when you upgrade.

Hi Ulix

I’ve been through all the updates from 1.4 through 1.5.1/2, 1.6Beta and now 1.6 Final release. Even did the downgrade again to 1.4 when it was made available before moving to 1.6Beta for the variable beat grids.

I’ve not had the issue with 1.4 nor 1.6Beta, but considering the issue is so infrequent and erratic, (and difficult to actively replicate), I think it’s more down to luck of the draw if and when it presents itself. As such, I understand the challenge for the Denon dev-team in trying to isolate the issue and create a fix. Being an engineer myself, I know how much of a PITA an intermittent fault can be.

It’s such a shame as the unit is perfect for my use and there aren’t really any similar alternatives on the market at this point.

Hi team–Confirming that this issue starting occurring for me this week. The steps that led to this for me were:

The steps that lead to this for me:

• Upgrade to 1.6.0 – No issues
  • Played tracks via Soundcloud and Dropbox integration – No issues
  • Sync’d small amount of tracks onto SD card with Engine Prime on MacOS Big Sur – No Issues
  • START OF LOCKED PLATTER (NO PLAYBACK) ISSUES Sync’d large library onto SD card with Engine Prime on MacOS Big Sur - Platter 1 & 2 locking issues; typically an initial thing but also happens intermittently during a set; occurs during recordings

If it happens at the start, no big deal for me. If it happens during a set, it is a bit of a showstopper :upside_down_face:

Oh NO !!! Seriously … the problem is also present on the official 1.6 version :pensive:

Workaround / Fix Reporting back: I re-flashed the Prime Go using the v1.6.0 firmware update utility, and the locked platter issue seems to have gone away so far. I am thinking of keeping a USB version of the firmware update around in case this ever happens while out and about.

Hi guys, I’ve had to return my unit to point of sale and from there to Denon, but have yet to hear any progress. It is sadly too big a risk going to a paid job with equipment that might suddenly stop working mid set. Aside from the embarrassment of 3 minutes of “reset-silence”, it’s also an unnecessary stress-factor having to worry about your equipment bogging down. I have to say that I am a bit surprised that Denon has not acknowledged this discussion with any kind of respons or suggestions. Also sad to hear that others now also are having these issues after updating to 1.6.

1 Like

Hi, I’ve not experienced the platter issue since upgrading to v1.6. I stream twice a week for 2 hours at a time and the platter has never locked on me. Sorry I can’t help with your issue but just posting in the hope this isn’t widespread.

Can’t believe that’s there’s no reaction from DenonDJ- very sad It really is a huge risk to play with it live

My Denon Prime Go works since I’ve updated to 1.6 No more platter issue occurred.

2 Likes

No platter issue here

1 Like

Before 1.6 I could easily recreate the locked platter issue

Since 1.6 I haven’t had any problems

2 Likes