Unloading loaded tracks

Continuing the discussion from Future feature requests:

Because Serato has eject buttons for every channel, why not implement this in the Prime 4?

When all you’re channels are loaded, the screen is filled with wave forms.

If they put a little eject button on the screen nexto every channel,so you could unload a track.

This could come in handy sometimes.

Then You could unload tracks you don’t wanna play anymore and makes it faster to select the deck you want to load another song in.

Also it will make the screen a little less crowded.

This is just my opinion.

Let’s see what Denon thinks of my idea.

9 Likes

I know this is not exactly what you are requesting but in case you didn’t know, you can press SHIFT and the layer button to make the secondary layers go away and have the screen only display 2 tracks. I have seen this on one of the reviews and will look for it and post it here for you to see.

EDIT: Here is what I was referring to (should playback at that exact feature part 33:25):

2 Likes

If any of the 4 layers are not playing, or if the safety feature is switched off, you can load a new track straight onto a layer instantly.

Having an eject or unload button would add an extra step and an extra second or so, to the process

Yes, it has always surprised me how this is missing on most DJ software. Being old skool, if you toss out a CD, the screen goes blank. And you’d kinda expect the same kind of eject feature. Not only to clean up the way the screen(s) look, but also to prevent mistakes.

Then again, if you never had an eject button because you started playing on a controller/laptop combination with software that just didn’t let you release a track from a deck, would you really miss it?

4 Likes

I’d say both features need not be mutually exclusive. I.e. having an eject button should not automatically mean that you would have your workflow changed to using eject then load new track. You could still have it so you can drop a new track in a deck to replace what was there in the first place?

3 cents and all that …

2 Likes

Hi @LowLife, thanks for the feature suggestion! We can and will bring this up to our Dev Team!

3 Likes

Strangely I use this most of the night in Serato DJ.

It’s habit more than anything. I like to see a clean deck, ready to be loaded to. As said above, it harks back to that classic ‘eject’ button (or taking the record off the turntable).

For me it’s just cosmetic. I like to know I’ve “ejected” a track.

7 Likes

Has a work around been found for this or any update? This would definitely be a nice to have.

1 Like

I’d like to be able to remove channel 1 and 2 and not 3 and 4. My channel 2 doesnt work.

Not to mention when before powering off, you’d want to have a clean slate. I’d like an eject option as well.

1 Like

The whole unloading tracks effort, seems over the top, as a way to just get the second waveform off screen thereby allowing the one waveform to dominate the screen.

Especially when, in terms of effort, some people don’t have the (insert word here) to load a track into a deck in the first place to preview it.

Wouldn’t it be simpler to have a toggle display button for choosing whether to see one or two waveforms on screen ?

1 Like

Read this post: Link

If this feature is what you ask for, you can put your :heart: into it to increase the likelihood of achievement (maybe).

I’m on Denon Prime Go, so I only have 2 decks.

If I let a song play to the end and I’m not loading another track, the damn cue button is blinking in my face forever (end of track warning). It is blindingly bright annoying blinking white light. Also, when you eject media, it gives a big warning popup message that tracks are playing (even if both decks are stopped).

It would be great to unload the track. Maybe a button combo: shift + load deck

Granted… for a gig, this only happens at the end until you’ve played your last song and then you power down the entire unit. But for me, this Prime Go is more of practice decks for me so it is common for me to play a few tracks… then Stop playing… Go take a bit of a break for a few minutes and then come back to try some more things out. That blinking cue button is really annoying. Eject would be really nice.

I’ve also wanted this combo. It makes the most sense.

3 Likes

I start from here! it happens to me that if a tidal download is blocked and I click on cancel the screen that I publish below comes out! then if you try to load other decks they remain waiting until the download of the track is successful and it stops! so I found myself with three decks stuck waiting and no longer usable !!! that’s why you need an eject button for each deck! unless you have another solution?

1 Like

Yes, if we can’t cancel the download of a streaming track and that freezes the deck, then that’s a big problem! :astonished: :open_mouth: :scream:

I’ve experienced this too. I had to turn off the Prime 4.

then I thought of adopting a method! deck 1 and 2 load local tracks only! on deck 3 and 4 use the tidal tracks! if something goes wrong I press shift plus deck 3 or 4! so as to close decks 3 and 4! It should work ! try

I would like to add, that I experienced this, too.

It happens, when you are connected to a W-LAN of some venue that does not have a strong signal. If the signal gets out of reach and prime 4 does not know exactly if it’s going to be onine again or not, you can freeze your deck with that.

Last wedding, I froze channel 2 and 3, so I was left with 1 and 4, plus prime 4 operations were happening very slowly cause it was constantly trying to load the tracks in the background.

Also the hotkeys were kinda less responsive than usual.

The only solution at the moment is, to restart. I really would love to see a feature to unload a track from the deck.

Are people really relying on streming tracks to do their paid gigs? That is a recipe for disaster…

1 Like