[UNDER REVIEW] Effect FX2 on "Roll"

Please update the “Roll” effect on FX2 … the “Roll” effect works fine on FX1 … Prime 4 …

It’s been broken since firmware 1.5 was released. It was reported at that time, but still has not been addressed. It would appear that Denon think adding new features is more important than fixing problems introduced by them in previous firmware.

1 Like

Me too and probably many others. It’s a question of perspectives imo. An effect that some might use for a few seconds, on a few songs per night, by a small number of people is of course still worth fixing.

Maybe they left it at its current status for a reason; maybe it’s knocking something else off kilter, until they can look at both things.

On the other hand “get your flexigrids here” and “Access your drop box library without a computer” has got a hell of a load more distinction and conversation value.

… is just a matter of opinion … I am not interested in beatsource or Dropbox … but others … everyone is his … denondj does a great job … maybe it will work in the next update … hope dies last; )

1 Like

Guys, I agree with you. But this version is a BETA and (maybe) it was created before we reported this bug in FX2 Roll. So I guess they want us to try out the new features and find the new bugs (which will be there for sure), and then create the final 1.6 in which to include the 1.6 beta and 1.5 bug fixes.

Will I be too optimistic? :joy:

Thank you for taking the time to provide this bug report.

We will investigate and let you know if we need any further details.

I confirm this issue with Roll effect on right side efx unit (2) It is difficult to describe this error in words :smiley:

Bug Description: The Roll effect (right side efx unit) does not play a certain length of the song correctly. This means from the moment of activation. The Roll loop is 4 beat behind in moment of activation. And out of tempo

Hardware: (Prime 4) Engine OS public Beta 1.6

Reproduction Steps:

1. Load track (on any deck) and Hit play.
  2. Efx routing activate on FX 2.
  3. Set with encoder Roll FX on FX 2 unit. Set example 4 beat Roll
  4. Activate Roll precise on rhythm…

Expected Result: The Roll effect plays a sample of a certain length from the moment of activation, depending on the roll length setting and exactly in the rhythm of the song, from which the roll sample was applied.

Actual Result: The Roll effect (right side efx unit 2) does not play a certain length of the song correctly. This means from the moment of activation. The Roll loop is (approx) 4 beat behind in moment of activation. And out of tempo

Reproducibility: 10/10

Additional Notes: This problem is happen only FX 2 unit, Revers Roll working properly. Roll efx on FX 1 unit working properly too.

Did you ever get just a whistle sound when you engage the effect?

Also the problem can sometimes show itself on FX 1 too, but IME you need to mess with it a little more before it happens.

…singe Version 1.5.1

Good to see this is being looked at after PK’s thread:

https://denondjforum.com/t/prime-4-owners-does-fx-2-roll-effect-work-correctly-f-w-1-5-1/24674