[CONFIRMED] Collection and playlists are empty after updating to Engine Prime 1.5.1

Hi support,

I have updated the Engine Prime to 1.5.1 and now all my Collection is gone and all playlist are empty. I see the number of tracks they contain but the list is empty. You can right click them and do Re-analyze track or re-import information but it doesn’t show up. I am on Mac OS 10.15.5 That’s a nightmare! Please help.

:grimacing:

Please note that it is impossible to contact the support via Denon DJ Support I always receive an error message: Proof of purchase is missing! But my product is registered…

Best, Samy

Thanks for reporting this @Samy, sorry to read about the issues you’re experiencing.

Out of interest, what version of Engine Prime were you using before upgrading to 1.5.1?

Would you be able to send us a copy of your Engine Library database so we can take a look at what might have caused this? upload this here: https://denondj.wetransfer.com/

As a temporary fix, could you try renaming your Engine Library folder (on Mac this will be in the default music folder) to create a blank database, and re-add your playlists and see if they show correctly?

Same here, coming from 1.50. Only 1 track in the collection now. Can i use the backup created in 1.50?

1 Like

Backup from 1.50 doesn’t work, still one track in the collection. Win 10

Hi KDonaldson,

I was using the 1.5.0 version before. I will send you a copy later today.

Thanks! S.

1 Like

Also send a copy of the database. Is this the correct folder in win 10: Windows:c/engine prime?

Yes thats the correct location on Windows, thanks for sending that through @anthonymoet

Is all your music stored on the C:/ drive as well or do you store this on an external / different internal drive?

Awesome! ill make sure this gets to the development team.

Where do you store your music by the way? do you keep everything locally on your macbook or do you have an external drive you store everything on?

Thanks KDonaldson. Collection is on a different internal drive.

1 Like

Nope, I said I was using OS X Catalina. Cheers

He’s not asking you about your folder! He’s asking KDonaldson about his own folder.

I’ve just taken a look at the database you sent through, it appears to have not been migrated since version 1.3.2? (also seems to be an empty database) this is quite a strange issue.

this db that you’ve sent through is the db from your :C/ drive correct? could you also send us the db files from the drive your music is stored on?

Are you 100% certain about that?

On my Windows 10 system, the database is at <drive>:\Users\<name>\Music\Engine Library

I think the default location was changed overtime.

There’s an Engine folder in the root of all my drives that might hold a database if music is located there. However, backups seem to be made in the folder you mentioned.

I mostly use external drives as the collection location. So the databases are also on that drive.

No, they’re in a separate folder. I only came to EP at v1.5 so it could be that older versions used C:\Engine Prime (which would explain why it says 1.3.2). Not very reassuring though when inMusic staff don’t know where the database is :roll_eyes:

I mean c:\users\username\music. Yes it’s in a separate “Engine Library Backup” subfolder.

All EP related files used to be in “c:\engine library”, but like I said, that got changed over time.

Yes I’m certain, perhaps I didn’t explain it as thrououghly as I should have but I’m here to help troubleshoot.

On a computers primary drive (as you’ve shown) the database is made in the user > music folder. On any other drives used with engine prime its made at the top level of the drive so it’s read on boot, so what anthonymoet has provided is the correct location for a database.

Are you also seeing the same issues other users have reported in this thread @PKtheDJ? If not I’d like to keep this thread on topic discussing this bug relating to the failed migration.

Yes, and you were both referring to C: which is typically the primary drive. I don’t see how it’s off topic to discuss the correct location of the database, considering the problem.

Yes you’re correct, typically the C: drive would usually be the default, especially more so with laptops which are far more common for DJs/musicians to have over a tower PC (for example) so i can understand how my post ethe other day could be interpreted as incorrect, but it doesn’t have to be the c: drive, the primary drive can be any drive, and thats why i think we haven’t caught this bug in house.

just checking in, did you manage to send your database through? I haven’t been forwarded anything but if so ill chase this up to get looked at.