Unbelievable Tragedy

Here in the UK this morning, we’re waking up to the news of an explosion at an Arianna Grande concert at Manchester Arena, here in the UK. A venue only a couple of hours drive from me, and possibly the type of event my own offspring may have wanted to go to.

When you consider that Arianna Grande’s music has such a strong fan base amongst teens and young adults, it is even more devastating to hear that 19 people have been killed and over 50 injured. As I write this, through tears, the death toll has been revised to 22; Children? Friends? Class mates? Brothers? Sisters? Mums? Dads?

The explosion is believed to be an act of terroism.

It’s not a sick world that we live in. It is a beautiful world which sadly, a tiny, tiny, minority of sick people live in.

Whilst in no way any compensation, it is uplifting to hear that in amongst the aftermath of confusion, the fear, the panic, there has already been a multitude of examples that people have strong hearts and that there is far more light in the world than dark. With some of the train/railway stations in the Manchester area shut for security reasons, hundreds of hotels have given free rooms, shelter and refreshments to the thousands stranded. Thank you to those who made those decisions.

Wherever you are in the world, whatever you’re doing, whoever you’re with; stay strong - the light will chase the shadows away. My prayers go out to those killed while simply going out to listen to music that they loved and see one of their idols. My thoughts too, go out to the families and friends of those who had their lives stolen from them.

Be nice to everyone today, please.

DJ Boothe

1 Like