UK release date

You know what they say in NL… some things are priceless, for the rest Eurocard/MasterCard (including covering this precise sort of stuff for 120 days). So until September I’m covered and I only preordered because of a 5% discount deal that applied to my preorder for these as well. So good deal and quite risk free :slight_smile:

And thanks for asking!

1 Like

Hi Guys,

There isn’t a lack of communication, its just that there is no new information available. As I mentioned previously, we are still targeting Q2 (as announced at NAMM) for official release. As soon as we start shipping to dealers, we will inform everyone.

Please note, exact availability dates will vary depending on your dealer.

And yes, sadly COVID did affect our planned release. We do apologize for the delay but it was beyond our control. We are working to get these units in your hands as soon as we can.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

9 Likes

Five days and counting…

:alarm_clock:

1 Like

Same here. Makes zero sense to me.

2 Likes

@JWiLL Jason,

I can see the reasoning for posting nothing because as you say, there is no new information.

However, it would be nice if you guys did chime in every now and then to let the ones who purchased these units know that they haven’t been forgotten about. I think the problem here is not so much that there isn’t any new information, but that, until now, the fact that there is no new information hasn’t been communicated.

Btw I think the same for the software/Engine OS releases - I fully understand the reasons for not giving ETA’s etc, but a nice sort of public “progress” post every now and then so that we know development of the ecosystem hasn’t stagnated wouldn’t go amiss either :slight_smile:

Just my 2 cents worth.

1 Like

Also, it’s utterly pathetic when nincompoops post their own countdowns to points in time which were lrough colloquialisms.

When a company mentions spring or winter or a quarter number, that’s a reference to a wide band of months, not a bus timetable sync’d by an atomic clock.

1 Like

Since NAMM it’s been end of Q2. Q3 is around the corner, so we can safely assume it has been delayed. How much? I don’t know.

If an exact date was given way in advance, people would be also be disappointed when that date is reached.

If they would say December 2020 and it ships in August 2020, all hell would also break loose.

They could never do right on this subject. While some appreciate a heads up with no info, others simple want the exact date and cannot digest non-info. :relieved:

Your right there. Every DJ gear producer is going through the same thing. Pioneer xdj xz for example. Date keeps getting pushed back with no communication at all from what I’ve seen on the Pio forums. Not slating them at all I like Pio products but it’s just facts. Who ever has ordered the sc6000 will be so happy when they land.

No, not a “wide band”. It’s three months. FYI there are twelve months in the year. Divide the amount of months in the year into quarters (which is what we’re talking about here) and the result is three.

It’s utterly pathetic when nincompoops complain because they have no sense of humour.

Much agreement with that. I’m surprised no one was counting down in seconds til midnight on the first day of the quarter.

I’m surprised also that no one picked the very very first day of the quarter and started counting down in days to that day… oh right - they did ! If someone has to back out of something, Explaining and claiming “it was humour man” then it probably wasn’t

I understand that there are people here from all over the world, and there may be cultural differences - but people here do sometimes seem to be attending a funeral.

By the way, it’s OK for you to call me out directly rather than just saying “someone” etc.

If you have an issue with me, be direct.

Agree with you on the exact date. I work in a world where delays are business as usual unfortunately.

Before you take it as such, this is no criticism to any of you guys. As a sales rep for my company I know it’s hard if you don’t get the info to work on.

It’s all about managing expectations. By mentioning Q2 the expectation was set, originally at NAMM the time communicated was early Q2, which has passed. The expectation was changed during early Q2 that there are delays due to COVID, all perfectly acceptable as no one could’ve predicted it and of course stuff gets delayed. So the new time communicated was it will still release in Q2. A timeline that seems to hold true until this day.

However, with Q3 around the corner in a couple of days, the product manager in Denon will know the status now vs the minimum number of units required for release. That person will know whether the software is fully ready for release (or still requires work to get it to a minimum viable status for release) and all the other stuff I forgot about. So whether these units will ship out to customers in the first week of July (I’ll accept that as Q2 as well) should be known at this point in time already unless someone has been sleeping.

If the issue is the number of units produced, there is a max capacity for production, an optimal number produced per day and an expected production rate based on delays of components required for production of these media players. So a quite accurate date should be predictable unless components have an unknown delay.

In case there is an issue with the software, this gets a bit more soft (there’s no hard facts about the time required to fix a critical issue and what other issues that fix creates in other areas). However given the timelines for QA on software and the expected number of new issues + estimations on time to fix, a timeline can be created on when an issue in software will be fixed (and add some slack just to be sure). This time + time required to update firmware on all produced units = estimated time to ship to dealers.

My point, there must be at least one person within denon that is capable of estimating a change in the release date at least a couple of weeks before the currently communicated timeline expires. Set the customer expectations at the time of the announcement and update them on changes in this status ~2-3 weeks before that communicated time. This is how you keep customers informed and happy. If it is in the interest of the company, let the customer know the reason for delay and even put this reason to work for you in order to get more units sold.

E.g. due to some minor software issues we postpone the release until mid Q3 because you deserve to play for your audience uninterrupted. Hey, now I understand the delay, I agree that my gear shouldn’t fail and happily give denon more time to fix the issue. And other people might consider denon now because they want to give us products that work instead of releasing fast (reliability over time to market). And if the product is subpar the kind reviewers on YouTube will rip you a new one as well. So it’s in all of our interests that these players do what they’re supposed to and help conquer the club scene.

This makes dealers also aware of the new timelines and they don’t use a crappy timer that jumps from 2 days to deliver to 4 weeks, but rather from 3 weeks to 7. Much more acceptable.

4 Likes

I vote for that :+1:

4 Likes

The update from Denon at least clarifies where matters stand in principle and hopefully it will not be too much longer now.

Hi Guys,

As Q2 officially ends today, I’d like to take this opportunity to provide an update regarding the availability of the SC6000 and SC6000M Media Players.

We tried our best to deliver as promised but COVID-19 presented many unforeseen challenges that we could not control. Unfortunately, this means that the products will arrive later than expected and for this we can only apologize. We can, however, ensure you that our team is working tirelessly to get these players into your hands as swiftly as possible for you to enjoy.

We will provide additional updates on the availability as soon as we are able to.

As always, we appreciate all of your support and dedication and are thankful for your patience and understanding.

10 Likes

It is unfortunate, so did that mean Denon hoped to have the items available this week given your previous post advised Denon was targeting Q2 at that point?

Thanks for the update and i feel the pain Denon DJ is experiencing, we have massive supply chain issues in the company i work for and things are really tough at the moment.

Yes, we really hoped to release the product in Q2 as planned but sadly, we were not able to hit that target.

We will provide additional updates on the availability as soon as we are able to.

5 Likes

Thanks for letting us know :grin:

1 Like

When I placed my order in April, they said it would ship May 18th. Now when I visit the listing on the site, it says pre-order.