Trouble updating Prime 4 firmware (roll back firmware 1.4.1 to 1.3.x or 1.4.0)

Apparently the machine is having trouble loading certain drivers. This started to happen after I updated to version 1.4.1, I have tried to download the firmware version but the P4 cannot load the peripheral devices and the USB ports stop working except for the sd slot, I tried to update using an SD card but I did not succeed.

No response on the Prime 4 warranty, I don’t know if it is a hardware or software problem.

I have tried with another USB B 2.0 cable (printer) to connect it to Macbook (mohave) but it does not recognize P4.

I upload videos and images of what happened.

I hope someone can help me, give me hints if it is a hardware or software problem.

Can it be updated using the ethernet cable?

Thank you so much!

Hi @vdiazg - As mentioned in other threads and in PM. We are sorry to see this issue and will help to resolve but it will require assistance from our service team. Please visit the link below for further assistance with this matter.

Contact Denon DJ Global Support

As a friendly reminder, please create only a single post with your issue. Creating multiple posts in various areas of the forum will not speed up the resolution process. In the future, all duplicate posts will be removed without warning. Thanks for your help!

Thanks for the answer, I already contacted global support but I have not had a response.

Can you help me manage it faster with the global surprise of denondj or that they respond to me?

I have a case number.

My frustration is because, I bought the P4 with 12-month credit, I still haven’t finished paying it and it’s already gone to waste.

Hi @vdiazg - I totally understand. Let me see what I can do to help expedite this for you. Could you send me a PM with your case number?

1 Like

@JWiLL

sent.

Thank you so much!

From what i can understand vdiazg,

The ethernet-connection is only for Link functions 'm afraid.

Reading your post: Usb’s out, SD-card update not effective (yet), update via usb 3.0 cable didn’t work either…

you tried with another “printer cable” (but that’s a usb 2.0… you’ll need a usb 3.0 version to make connection)

What i see in the video when you connect the usb cable… you 1st need to go into the source menu to enable the usb connection mode. (it’s that icon left from the wifi icon you need to press to make connection with your p4 to the computer (when loading, give it some time it tends to take a while to make stable & good connection)

If that realy doesn’t work… Maybe give the sd card method another go? (be sure to format it to ExFat)

Also a way to update via WiFi btw.

1 Like

Computer mode described by You is only for controller mode. To enter the Update mode You can do it from the Utility menu or with holding EJECT when powering ON. USB 3.0 and 2.0 cables will work, but 3.0 will be faster with update - and is more recommended.

1 Like

Ah it is? Sry my bad here. Ignore that part then.

1 Like

@anon6111669

Thank you very much for trying to help. Could you tell me what steps I should follow to update via WIFI. Or where I can review that information.

You can’t do a firmware update via WiFi . You can update from usb memory flash or from a computer with a right usb cable . Avoid OTG too, they seldom are 100% compliant

Been looking for it and i am so sorry…

when you look into utilities scroll below you 'll find a section “looking for updates”

it looks for it but unfortunatly doesn’t update it through wifi as i was presuming.

My bad again… so sorry :confused:

@NoiseRiser

Apparently something was spoiled by the machine.

I bought two USB B 3.0 cables and none worked, neither in upgrade mode nor controller mode.

Maybe the USB B port is spoiled.

I don’t know what to do anymore, apparently money was thrown in the trash.

As far as I see Your unit needs to go back to Service. Did You contacted Denon Dj Support?

If you contact me, I have a case number, after that I didn’t get any more answers, @JWiLL asked me for the data to manage with support.

I don’t get this remark… Things are even set in motion by staff.

Reading through all comments, you haven’t tried another computer, but I would stop trying and wait for support to contact you.

Sorry my English, but I’m from Chile and I don’t write well.

Yes, I tried 3 computers:

1. macbook touchbar osx Mojave
  2. macbook touchbar osx Mojave
  3. PC with windows 7, here install all the drives from official site.

If I’m waiting for support to be pronounced.

Can the firmware update the prime 4 from an ssd hard drive?

It is difficult to wait when you have bought a product and it only has 3 months of domestic use, you feel that the money invested went through the dump, it is really frustrating.

I thank everyone for trying to help in some way.

1 Like

Not from the internal drive, if you’ve put one in there, but it could be done from a external USB-SSD drive.

@Reese When you press the eject + power button, the micro chip symbol appears and an arrow downwards, at that moment should you insert the USB stick and then press any button? or is it automatic that recognizes the xxx.img in the app and starts the process alone.

In this moment You should have Your Prime 4 connected by USB with a computer and start the Update software.

1 Like

The [“press and hold EJECT” and Power ON method] only works to put the unit in firmware update mode for computers.

It does not work for the [USB-drive update method]. That has to be done via Utility.

1 Like