[UNDER REVIEW] Trouble updating Engine DJ 2.0

I have downloaded and installed Engine DJ 2.0. This was successful and opened but then came up with the message “We’ve detected corrup[tion on your library. Please restore from Engine LIbrary backup in the previous Engine Prime release version preferences and attempt to update Engine DJ again.” Engine DJ then closes by itself. When I try to re-open it, the same message is displayed and then the software closes by itself again. I tried to update the library from a backup in Engine Prime v1.6 but found that software has gone. I have searched online and in “legacy products” on your website and there is no way of finding it to download again to sort out the library.

I am now left with no working software.

The message says to go to enginedj.com/support to report any issues. I went there, completed all the fields, went to send it and an error message was returned on the enginedj.com website saying I had not provided proof of purchase. I went back and checked… there is no where to put any details of proof of purchase.

Hence I have had to resort to coming on this forum and hope somehow I can get some answers. So far, my impression of Engine DJ is not what I really really hoped it would be.

Please help.

So at the very bottom of the download page, there still is the existing links to download 1.6.1. Desktop and OS Downloads + Manuals | Engine DJ

its below the release notes.

1 Like

Thank you Codemov, that’s a really quick and helpful reply!

I will go about getting v1.6 sorted and give updating to v2.0 another go.

(Thanks again for the quick reply, it was a really nice surprise!)

1 Like

No problem, I am having some issues with my music drive upgrading to the 2.0. It works fine in 1.6.1, but when I install 2.0 on my computer, the engine software says my DB is corrupt and wont load anything. I’m going to try with another one of my music drives, but I reccomend taking a backup of the “engine library” folder before loading it in. That way you can roll back if needed.

Also, if you had a failed upgrade, there will be a “Database2” folder created in your “Engine Library” folder on your drive. You will need to remove that Database2 Folder so it can attempt another migration to 2.0. If you encounter the same thing as me, you can follow the thread we have already at : Engine Upgrade Database to 2.0 - Issues - #8 by architekt

2 Likes

Same problem here!

Hey @Dale_M sorry to hear this.

Lets get you back to software that works on your system firstly so you’re not left without working software. If you go to the bottom of this page you’ll be able to download 1.6.1.

We’ve put improved database corruption detection in 2.0, so if you’re seeing a database corrupt message after updating, it generally means the database is corrupted. Engine Prime just didn’t detect this prior. In some circumstances it is worth attempting to migrate your library again. To do this you will need to delete the ‘Database2’ folder located locally and on any external drives you use to maintain your Engine Library.

To delete the local Engine 2.0.0 library, ensure Engine DJ application is closed, navigate to Music/Engine Library/ directory, then delete the Database2 folder.

To delete a library on the external drive, again ensure Engine DJ application is closed, navigate to the root directory of the external drive, open the Engine Library/ folder, then delete the Database2 folder. Now you can start up the Engine DJ application again, and doing this will attempt the migration again on application startup.

If the corrupt message persists after the second migration attempt, please take note of the drive name stated in the corruption message, navigate to that drive and zip all files within the directory except the Music folder and upload here. This will assist our team in investigating the issue further.

4 Likes

Sorry to hear this @Salvatorch, have you raised a forum thread for this? if not, please raise one here: Engine DJ - Official Denon DJ Forum be sure to include the steps you’ve followed and information about your system ie what type of computer you’re using, what drives you use with Engine etc.

Also, please see my response to Dale_M about forwarding us a copy of your database. Your cause of migration failure may be different to theirs and needs to be investigated separately. Once we’ve got this, we can take a look at whats stopping you from migrating to 2.0 :slight_smile:

Cheers.

1 Like

There is no Drive name stated in the message. The program Shuts down soon as you click okay! I did what you said numerous times and still the same. Im also looking for the older versions for my equipment because they were updated as well. They do not even work now!