Transfer music into ssd

If there were no hammers, no-one could bang their thumb with one. :slight_smile:

Just to note, there is no SSD inside the PRIME4 (Out of the box), there is an empty SATA plug under the bottom cover plate. So you can drop in your own 2.5" Hard drive or SSD. Up to a max of 1TB i believe.

I might be wrong, but I think that actually is piracy! There was a massive push in the 80s that you couldn’t even copy your own vinyl to tape. Now whilst everyone actually does move their media around…

Does it matter if you copy it from your laptop/pc/Mac to your hard drive inside the Prime 4 or copy the music from your pc/laptop/mac to usb and then on to hard drive ??? I don’t understand where is copyrite Bull is coming from. At the end of the day you still got to copy it from one source to another

1 Like

Hello all, at launch you will not be able to copy between drives. This request has surfaced before and we have mentioned it to our Development Team. Thanks for the feedback; we’ll provide more information as we get it.

6 Likes

Sorry for the late post, but it’s still a big point. One solution for the “piracy” could be, if only one-way-copy from network or stick, to the ssd is possible. All other actions can only be done by using the Engine Prime. So many users would be happy for that and in combination with Dropbox, the perfect comfortable, save and fast solution.

Since the traces are saved on the remote drive as simple files and they are not encrypted, this means that even now if a person wants to copy such files without having the rights they can do so without problems. So the solution to prevent the transfer from the USB stick to the HD inside the Prime 4 does not solve the problem of piracy.

You are right in common about dmca and others, but i meant it’s a solution for the kind of “copy other dj’s tracks back to a stick”- piracy on a Prime 4. Your sort of piracy must be solved by the dmca itself, i spent many weeks to find a way, to buy a kind of overall-license for beginners, but i can’t find one. Mixcloud is on a good way and germany solved this a few months ago. In germany you can easyly register 500 songs every year for about 50$/58,85€. And if you become a pro, you can buy further fair licenses.

Came here to find exactly this.

Any update on being able to import music from a thumb drive without using a PC/Mac? I despise having to connect my laptop and using the Engine Prime Software. In addition, is there anyway to edit the metadata on a song within the Prime Hardware via the OS Engine Prime?

Regards,

John

Don’t be in a hurry - it’s only been 2 years since they wrote that message :wink: Give your vote here: LINK

If you go to the function request section, you will find one or more requests, where you can give your vote ( :heart:): LINK

1 Like