Trade in SC5000 for SC6000's

That is decent according to how long you have used it or the use you have received.

If its taught you more about professional equipment or even how to troubleshoot then it paid for itself.

Definitely interesting what NAMM will bring.

I wouldn’t bother really it’s not worth all the hassle and economical loss. I’ve only owned my SC5000Ms since March last year so that’s only 10 months and because I have spent most of my time friggin about with various workflows(sigh!)then I would say in total hours wise in which I have used the players to be around 6-8 hours so still pretty damn well near new if you ask me. Yesterday I updated the players to 1.4.0 and as usual the installation of the firmware went without a hitch just used the long blue USB cable as always so going to try out the wifi tidal thing today. I was quite surprised yesterday as I carried the units over to my laptop to do the firmware update how heavy they actually are which also means they are expensive($1,800AUD) each I paid for them and they are solid sophisticated machines which will still get the OS updates as well as EP updates just like the newer ones as stated by Denon/Inmusic staff.:+1:

3 Likes

I was thinking of putting skinz on mine and getting a different 7in.

I don’t know yet but the sc5000m is the right size. I’ve only known 12" and 7" vinyl so it’s not crucial that I have 8.5" but the 6000m will inevitably have it’s own unique feature set.

I’m surprised 1.5" is going to make that much difference with the scratch crowd. I can tell you the SC5000M certainly is the best no-tonearm moving platter feel and responsiveness I’ve experienced at least for bending on the platter edge when the motor is on. That large platter edge also works really well in that regard. I can only think the SC6000M will be able to do that plus give scratchers a little more finesse and leverage. The screen being about the same width as the pads has interesting utility as far as the pads sort of logically laying out with the on screen info in scale.

How do you find nudging forward with the motorized platters? I find them difficult to use for beatmatching so i ride the pitch or use the pitch bend.

Didn’t they say they had improved forward/backward nudge with latest 1.4.0 firmware update?

Hmmm maybe for the non motorized version.

I almost always overshoot when I’m nudging forward even when I’m being extra careful.

as a scratch dj i think the 1.5" extra on the 6000M will be a good and better improvement i had the sc5000 then rane12 then Prime 4 and sc5000M. the best feeling for me is still with the rane 12 . I can be more creative. there are stuff that i can do on my 12 + 72 that i couldn’t reproduce with the sc5000M + x1800. i have now sold my 5000M Hope the feeling of the platter is deferente on the 6000M

Just an FYI - I have been offered £480 per SC5000, to upgrade to the SC6000. I am yet to find out the price of the 6000, but am not expecting a great deal.

I think I’ll stick to my 5000’s for now. I’d reconsider if the announcement today has a sampler that has the same styling as the SC6000, but the chances of this are almost zero, I think.

Says on the 1.4.0 firmware update notes under improvements and fixes that forward and reverse platter sensitivity is now matched(nudge?) Doesn’t have (SC5000)in brackets only so must apply to both motorised/non

Is that a dealer offer?

My valuation was close :joy:

Yes - it was a dealer - I dont really want to say who, as I have not had permission from them to mention their name.

I paid £1200 for 2 sc5000’s and a x1800 2 months ago. All original packaging and even the protective films ons the screens and jogs.

These had been advertised for over 2 weeks :man_shrugging:

That’s a helluva deal.

1200 for a complete set. :exploding_head:

1 Like

You may try to sell them privately for more. Depending on your needs.

Or keep them - the SC6000 has cosmetic changes, for the most part. It might be worth waiting for the next iteration, for which the updates might be more technical rather than cosmetic. I’ll get an Akai Force and a Rane MP2015 instead.

Whatever I choose to do, it probably wont be this year

1 Like

Yes it was, but demand clearly isn’t there as they sat for 2 weeks on gumtree and by pure chance i was able to raise the cash.

1 Like

I’m really surprised there was no demand at 1200 quid!!!

1 Like

Oh, there’s no doubt 12" feels better than 7". I have lots of TTs and vinyl. 7" can feel quite finicky, but for mixing and when using the platter edge for nudging and drags, the 5000M works well, at least.

Yes, the non-M jog is symmetrical and adjustable now. The M’s motor-off jog bend sensitivity has always been symmetrical, it’s just not currently adjustable and is about double the sensitivity it should be. InMusic asked me to split off the M from the request for the non-M and as far as I’m aware they haven’t otherwise addressed this yet.

https://community.enginedj.com/t/make-ms-motor-off-jog-bend-adjustable/

2 Likes