Trade in SC5000 for SC6000's

Just an FYI - I have been offered £480 per SC5000, to upgrade to the SC6000. I am yet to find out the price of the 6000, but am not expecting a great deal.

I think I’ll stick to my 5000’s for now. I’d reconsider if the announcement today has a sampler that has the same styling as the SC6000, but the chances of this are almost zero, I think.

Says on the 1.4.0 firmware update notes under improvements and fixes that forward and reverse platter sensitivity is now matched(nudge?) Doesn’t have (SC5000)in brackets only so must apply to both motorised/non

Is that a dealer offer?

My valuation was close :joy:

Yes - it was a dealer - I dont really want to say who, as I have not had permission from them to mention their name.

I paid £1200 for 2 sc5000’s and a x1800 2 months ago. All original packaging and even the protective films ons the screens and jogs.

These had been advertised for over 2 weeks :man_shrugging:

That’s a helluva deal.

1200 for a complete set. :exploding_head:

1 Like

You may try to sell them privately for more. Depending on your needs.

Or keep them - the SC6000 has cosmetic changes, for the most part. It might be worth waiting for the next iteration, for which the updates might be more technical rather than cosmetic. I’ll get an Akai Force and a Rane MP2015 instead.

Whatever I choose to do, it probably wont be this year

1 Like

Yes it was, but demand clearly isn’t there as they sat for 2 weeks on gumtree and by pure chance i was able to raise the cash.

1 Like

I’m really surprised there was no demand at 1200 quid!!!

1 Like

Oh, there’s no doubt 12" feels better than 7". I have lots of TTs and vinyl. 7" can feel quite finicky, but for mixing and when using the platter edge for nudging and drags, the 5000M works well, at least.

Yes, the non-M jog is symmetrical and adjustable now. The M’s motor-off jog bend sensitivity has always been symmetrical, it’s just not currently adjustable and is about double the sensitivity it should be. InMusic asked me to split off the M from the request for the non-M and as far as I’m aware they haven’t otherwise addressed this yet.

https://community.enginedj.com/t/make-ms-motor-off-jog-bend-adjustable/

2 Likes

@subwax, pretty sure the SC5000s will still be supported as long as the SC6000 still exists. They share the same operating system after all.

1 Like

Not sure they share the same processor or memory though.

Same processor. Probably slightly different clock-speed.

Looks like Support for SC5000/M’s is already being dropped.

The new Engine Prime (V1.5) update has support for 6000s but not 5000s.

In addition, v1.5 brings the following notable enhancements: … User Preference support for the Denon DJ SC6000/M, PRIME 2 and PRIME GO

The main thing is the firmware, as soon as there is a firmware update for the 6000s only, that is the end.

Engine Prime 1.5.0 also have support for the SC5000s. No worries!!!

The reason they write that, is that SC6000/M, PRIME 2 and PRIME GO are the “new” units in the Prime series and this is the first upgrade of Engine Prime since the units came, so they added those to the Engine Prime.

1 Like

PHEW ! and thanks :slight_smile:

You´re so welcome. :slight_smile:

This is not true.

SC5000/M support has been in Engine PRIME since 1.0.

1.5 added SC6000/M support.

Thanks @Engell for clarifying.

2 Likes