Track preview on PRIME 4

Sorry, I don’t understand your thought / intervention. Have you read the various messages posted by Denon about the pre-listening on P4? They have communicated to everyone that it will be implemented in a future update. I don’t understand this thought of yours …

I did not saw this. If to so - everything will be fine :slight_smile:

Yes… But he is asking why we have to wait for that update, which seems to work well on new devices. I ordered a Prime go but my Prime4 has no reason to wait until new primes releases to be updated.

+1 for this feature

Previewing of tracks without loading onto a deck is an essential feature for me. Would be ideal to access it from the track info popup panel. Would not mind if the popup track preview had priority over the standard cue output. Could simply mute the standard cue output while the track preview is playing.

1 Like

Hi All,

Just wanted to let you know that Track Preview for PRIME 4 is available now in the Engine OS v1.6 Public Beta. Feel free to take it for a spin and let us know what you think. https://community.enginedj.com/t/engine-os-v1-6-public-beta-download-release-notes/25468

4 Likes

Hello, this is very great. We are waiting all for this topic. COOL!!! But one question please, with this version you have changed the view too. Why ? Am I able to change to the view of version 1.5.2 (don’t work with shift+menu) ? Thanks

Which view?

It was listed in the new features for Engine OS 1.6

“New Horizontal Layout for Smart Consoles”

Hey @PKtheDJ, maybe this new view also includes the artist name? :wink: :thinking:

No, unfortunately it doesn’t - and I think the new view is worse than the old version.

Previously the screen height was divided into four sections, with equal sized areas for deck 1, deck 2, wave 1, wave 2. Each deck was full width, so plenty of room for artist and title info.

Now, the decks are much smaller and next to each other horizontally (so less room for text), and the two waveforms below are enormous, taking up maybe 2/3 of the screen.

oldp4 newp4

1 Like

With 4 tracks loaded what happens? Perhaps the 2 large tracks at the bottom will lower to display the other two decks on top. You already tried?

I agree with the wave forms as the prevous version I could find the drops easier or breakdowns to add cue points. It was easier on the eye to prepare music.

1 Like

Definitely do not like the compressed mini overview waveform on this new view. Visually looks ‘squashed’.

Yes, this is what I mean. The waveforms are too big, the old view is much better. Hope we’ll be able to change it, so everybody can set it like he prefer. But track preview is a great new. Good work.

1 Like

post deleted - I was having problems updating via USB but now sorted it. Thanks

If you modify what works please at least delete bugs… :face_with_monocle:

Yes, I agree - I don’t think this is an improvement. Can we have an option to switch it back to how it was?

Looks like this is the case but still preferred the old layout. It was cleaner/clearer and not sure what the new layout really adds that’s more important than that. I’ve now gone back to using the vertical view (for now at least).

Hi All,

Thank you for the suggestion. We’re pleased to confirm that this feature is now available in Engine OS v1.6. More info below.

https://community.enginedj.com/t/engine-1-6-available-now-dropbox-beatsource-link-flexible-beat-grids-stacked-waveforms-more/29868/3

3 Likes