Track Preview issues Pre listen problems

All faders down. Switch to layer B of a deck. Go to your tracklist. Preview a track.

Audio goes to the channel where layer A is located.

Well, I use X1800 mostly since 2017 and did a lot of showcases for Denon in the Netherlands, Belgium and Germany. So I know what I’m doing. The issue here is, that after one “brilliant” update, preview function on X1800 and 1850 jumps to a different channel if that channel is occupied (playing from a deck). Like all previews want to go to channel 1 if possible. They don’t stay on the corresponding channel as it was before.

I see it now. Just ran a quick test.

I didn’t notice this as I always play off layer 1 before layer 2

if the deck is empty\not in use, I use layer 1 as my first contact.

I never play from layer 2 right off the bat. I see 2nd layer as an addon for samples\loops or complex 4 way mixing

This works but it’s directional.

What i said wasn’t directed for you. I was thinking about the idea of doing that feature. I thought it was a kind of noob dj feature but after my post I realize it just doesn’t make any sense. Otherwise your idea to get the preview directly on your headphones is not a good idea. Because if you use a Xone92 mixer for exemple, this feature can’t work. And secondly, it’s not a standard behavior on mixer for a reason. How do you with the output sound on your headphone ? An other thing is, you need to do another sound route that is not implemented on the players. There is 2 routes of sound output, layer A and layer B.

Finaly reading your post, I don’t think I understood what you like in this feature and how you use it.

I was watching Mojaxxx’ latest video on Pro-Link on youtube and he touched on Touch Preview and Touch Cue.

Looks like the Pioneer way is a simpler and intuitive implementation.

• Touch Preview - touch the preview waveform in the Library view
  • Touch Cue - touch the full waveform as the track is playing - basically you can listen ahead or back in time

The preview goes straight to headphone, it doesn’t matter if the fader is up or down, left or right.

If i need to preview a track i load on deck (old school lol), and if it bombs it bombs (live and learn)

2 Likes

That is the feature I would like to have. Like pioneer has it implemented. As we don’t have a cue link button on the mixer this would have to be a setting in the mixer.

But I’m tired explaining why I like it :slight_smile:

I miss this feature on my x1850!

The way it was before the update was the best. Preview layerB => layerB channel.

Don’t understand what your are looking for more…

2 Likes

Combined with a x18xx mixer I would expect to get the preview over the the LAN cable no matter if fader is up down or what ever. The current implementation is not working at all for me :frowning:

If I have 2 Layer + Preview functionality all should be able at the same time.

Consider Layer 1 is playing a loop, Layer 2 a vocal and I want to be able to preview the next track with out interfering with anything. I just want to get the preview on the CUE.

There should not be any issue to get audio over the LAN cable to the CUE. Its only a question of implementation.

Yes please Denon. Just steel this. Lol. No need for a clumsy play icon. Simplify a bit. Streamline the workflows. It’s almost there!

Pioneers way is not perfect either. It locks you to their mixers which helps them sell more units. Smart but not needed. I use a rotary mixer so this would not fly.

But let me just long press the waveform to preview and I’ll be happy with that improvement.

There is already a hack for pro dj link preview on CDJ’s

What is best about the pro dj link - it goes via LAN, not by analog or digital main outs…

2 Likes

This is exactly how I was expecting that it will work with a SCxxxx X18xx combination.

LAN is the key :slight_smile:

1 Like

We already have stage protocols to run multichannel audio with minimum latency thru ethernet (dante, aes etc). If Denon players would send both layers in that way to a new x…. Mixer that would be a killer feature…

1 Like

I’m having issues with track preview only wanting to occur on the A layers unless the A-layer faders are at least part of the way up. This is even if B layer is selected when pressing preview, B’s respective fader is all the way down, and B’s respective X1800 cue button is selected in solo. All other Engine communications to the mixer still seem to be happening.

https://community.enginedj.com/t/have-preview-preferentially-route-to-decks-selected-layer-channel-and-or-pfl-solo-cue-if-both-deck-channel-faders-are-down/48786