Touch Screen non-responsive Prime 4

New Years Eve wedding reception. I have a 4 month old Prime 4 with a 1T SSD internal drive. I am running the latest Engine DJ software (2.0) and Firmware 2.1.1. I have 32,000 tracks on the internal 1T SSD Drive. The files are all good and have been vetted for decades using computer and Virtual DJ. A couple times I have turned the Prime 4 on and the screen was locked up when using it at home. I could not load a track or use any functions. Powering off and on again resolved the issue at home. 5.5 hours into my New Years Eve wedding reception the screen froze up. Packed dance floor, no issues all night, rocking all night. With 15 minutes to go before the ball dropped…my new Prime 4 locks up. Is there an inherent problem with these units? Please let me know your thoughts and possible solutions. Thank you.

Hey @TomS - Very sorry to hear you ran into some issues. I’d be happy to connect you with a technical support agent to see if there are any issues that can be identified. Are you able to replicate the frozen screen and or take a photo of it?

Thank you Anthony. I was able to recreate it. As part of my troubleshooting I reapplied the latest firmware 2.1.1. it was operating fine with the first application but I thought just to be safe I would try it again. I used the unit for about an hour with no issues really putting it through its paces using all kinds of effects and beat mixing and all that stuff. No issues it worked fine. So then I left the unit on for about 9 hours, when I came back to the unit the screen was frozen and I was unable to load songs. But, the song that was loaded from earlier played without a problem I just could not use any effects and the platters did not have any effect on the song. I rebooted and I was able to load songs and I was able to scroll through music playlists however, I could not load any music or play any music. So I rebooted again and everything went back to normal … I was able to load music and play music and use effects. The unit is only 4 months old. I am not having any other feature problems with it when it works it works wonderfully other than this very troubling screen becoming unresponsive. I have a big wedding reception next Saturday I’m really bummed out that I have to set up my old mc7000 with the computer next to this brand new system just in case. I would appreciate any insight or any help to get this resolved.

Hey Anthony… Another update to my challenges with the prime 4. Today is Saturday and I one week away from another wedding reception. I have the unit turned off overnight and then about midday on Saturday I fired everything up and the first time it booted up I tried to load songs and it would not let me load the screen was frozen. I powered off and then turned it back on and once again I was able to scroll through the menus but it wouldn’t let me load so I powered off again rebooted and the second time it rebooted everything worked just fine then I played for about 15 or 20 minutes mixing songs setting cue points putting effects on and everything works awesome. However, it’s like opening a box of chocolates each time I turn the damn thing on I never know whether it’s going to fire up and allow me to load songs or not. Once again this unit is only 4 months old I have a $400 Odyssey case that it sits in and the thing looks immaculate so it hasn’t been abused dropped or otherwise mangled or mutilated. I was only on version 1.6 point something for about a month or two but during that time I never remember having any problems certainly not firing it up. I’m just not sure what to do. Well, let me know if you figure out anything else or have access to some super brilliant guru who can get me up and running better.

Thank you for your anticipated help :sos:

Hey @TomS

Thanks for the explanation and happy to help. Let’s connect you with a technical support agent. Can you share your email and phone number? They’ll be able to determine if whether or not this is normal behavior.

Sorry @TomS - For your privacy, I hid your personal info. Let’s connect in a DM.