Time Elapsed/Time Remaining

• What is the feature or ability you would like to have? To be able to see time elapsed/time remaining work independently on all four decks. The fact that it’s a global setting makes no sense.

• How will this feature help you and others? When I’m mixing in a new track, i have the time remaining on my deck/track that I’m mixing out of, while I have time elapsed on the deck/track I am mixing in.

• Is this feature available in an existing product? If so, what product? Not sure about XJD-RX2 but it’s on every CDJ model and every stand-alone player.

• Does a workaround currently exist? No. Unless you count using the stopwatch feature on my cell phone, which is somewhat ridiculous if you ask me for a $1,700 piece of equipment.

• How often would you use this feature? Every, single time I mix a track

• Is there any additional information you’d like to add? This is something that has been done on individual players for decades. Even going back to Denon’s old DN-2000’s. It’s critical to me, and I bet it’s safe to say, a lot of other people’s workflows when mixing. After choosing this unit for all the features it has over the XDJ-RX2 I was surprised to find out this isn’t already a thing. Just my two cents.

4 Likes

I miss that you can’t see +/- time on different channels. + on channel 1 and - on channel 2