Tidal Genre Filter

• What is the feature or ability you would like to have?

A genre filter for Tidal searches.

• How will this feature help you and others?

It will reduce the amouunt of irrelevant tracks listed when performing a search on an SC5000/M.

• Is this feature available in an existing product? If so, what product?

No

• Does a workaround currently exist?

No

• How often would you use this feature?

Everytime I searched Tidal on the unit.

• Is there any additional information you’d like to add?
2 Likes

The “filter system”(Title,Artist,Key,etc.) which already exists for USB-Stick or SD-Card usage would be nice.

Tidal does not support the concept of genres. Not a single track is marked as House or Techno or whatever. Another quirk is that Tidal has a ‘released’ date, but doesn’t support yearly searches. Searching for tracks from the 80s is only somewhat possible because people have created playlists from the 80s, composers have released their Best of 80s collections or artists have released their Best of 80s album.

FLAC support is the only reason why I got a Tidal account. Creating playlists on Tidal is painful - not only because the recommended track section fails so often.

I beg to differ. They may not be the genres you want but they would still filter out some of the unwanted results.

I miss Firefly’s track recommendation system. Microsoft was so stupid to have sold that off.

I find genre searches to be a pain on these wifi services, too. What a headache! I also am getting sick of both the rapid little mini mixes and then the nauseating sampler tracks with like a bunch of 20 second snippets pasted together.

Neither of these first two services seem well-organized.

It would also be nice to lock-out, hide, or blanket-deselect certain countries’/languages’ content during the entire experience like in the way you can choose the streaming quality.