Thinking of changing

Hi,

I own the X 1800 and I’m thinking of selling it and changing to a mastersounds 4v… Does anyone use the prime gearb(sc5k) with these? If so, what do you think

Thanks

Are you planning on getting the Mastersounds FX too?

Well, I already own the rmx1000 so not sure…

I think the RMX-1000 will only work properly if connected after the master out - due to the design of the send/return on the Mastersounds.

1 Like

Curious what your fascination is with the 4V. There are a lot of mixers out there to choose between.

I’d really like a rotary mixer and this one is the one I like the look of the most… I didn’t like the radius 4 as there were no eq’s and this is beautiful :relaxed:

I think analog and probably tubes too are a good way to mask the Prime players’ current audio distortion in the short term, but in the long run suspect people will get the best sound out of digital mixers when the firmware on the players is improved, though the analog mixers should also benefit somewhat from such improvements. Rotary digital options are the MP2015, DB4, and the DJM900NXS2 (with rotarykits.com kit). They also tend to have more features than most of the analog rotary mixers. If you don’t need tubes but definitely want analog, there’s also the FF4000R for a lower price. For a higher price, Superstereo has just released a new 4 channel tube unit, and like the two channel model the tubes are on the output stage. I’m sort of conflicted on the placement of the tubes, because you can hypothetically push the inputs on the 4V hard and then run the channel volumes lower to compensate. The Superstereo output section tubes being run hotter then gives you an overall hotter output signal into whatever downstream gear you’re piping into, which might present an issue both for that downstream line-level gear and for the speakers potentially being overdriven with all that extra exploitable “tubey” headroom. You don’t really want the DJs having discretion like that. So the 4V method might be superior to Superstereo’s.

You might want to message this person:

1 Like