The 'sound' of the X1800 - tell me please ;-)

So for a year the sound quality was actually OK then? Build quality and sound quality are most definitely not the same thing…

■■■ is this forum turning into :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Another person great at helping out😂

If only a simple warranty repair could be achieved by a few words typed online, then indeed the world would give people less opportunities to act affronted.

3 Likes

It’s almost like there’s an agenda to try to make the products out to be far worse than they actually are…

1 Like

Hi @Jayos, sorry to hear you have this problem and I can confirm there have been a couple of others who have had a similar issue. I’ve just spoken to the UK engineering team who have had mixers come in and fixed the problem so my best advise is to contact our support desk who can arrange for this to be looked at for you and resolved.

Please check the following link to get in contact: https://www.denondj.com/support

I hope this helps.

Regards J

1 Like

Thanks for that Jay. I’ll look into that👍

1 Like

Here are the USB to USB 24/96 RMAA measurements I got for for the X1800. I can’t remember if I ever posted them or not. Pretty hard to fault. This is taking out of the equation the SPDIF ins/outs and AD/DA conversions. So it’s truly the central digital signal processing transparency, though obviously RMAA isn’t perfect and does crude versions of only the most basic measures.

X1800%20USB%20to%20USB%20Rightmark%2024%2096

I also noticed a really neat trick that the X1800 does when you have the isolator mode selected: with their knobs at 12 o’clock it does a bypass of the summed crossover model it’s using. So test waveforms come out looking just as pristine as with EQ mode selected and no EQ applied. I’ve never seen that before and it’s a welcome feature.

Your comment was super-enlightening and a great read. Don’t listen to haters, lol.

1 Like

Volume drops when you plug the other in, so the headphone jacks are in parallel on the same DAC and opamp.

(Edit: posted by bassweight on YT

Some people will get lucky with this fix for a short time like i did [he meant the connecting of the bottom ground posts internally], but then i dug abit deeper in to this problem. The problem is a row of 25v 100uf capacitors next to the relays on the top board with all the inputs and outputs. the capacitors are rubycon pk series and maybe denon bought a big batch of bad capacitors. You will see two relays next to the xlr outputs and some more further down the board, change the 25v 100uf capacitors next to the relays, it will stop this issue my advice is use 105c low esr 25v 100uf caps, when i measured the original capacitors they had halfed in capacitance and were around 56uf this causes the relays to chatter or vibrate causing loss of output or distortion.)