Testing Dropbox with multiple accounts

Hi, Just upgraded to version 1.6. for Prime 4 and Engine Prime. Did some testing with Dropbox. Had the Windows Dropbox software installed on my system. I first activated this functionality via the Webpage https://enginedj.com/dropboxauth with the code shown on the Prime 4 console. this was done when being logged into Dropbox with user1/password1, which worked fine. As another test, I did set up a 2nd Dropbox account (user2/password2) which I also activated with a code shown on the prime 4 console. This worked also. Switched back to the 1st Dropbox account user1/password1. When trying to activate with the code shown on the Prime 4 console, the following message was shown. “This account is either unverified or disabled. Please logon to Dropbox.com and resolve this issue before continuing”

When going to the Dropbox Webpage and being logged on, I saw an entry at Settings > Personal Account > Connected Apps, called “Engine OS - InMusic LTD” shown for Denon Prime. I removed it, but still I cannot get past the activation, still giving me the same message. Am I doing something wrong or is Denon restricting some access via their activation Portal?

Did some further investigation and got it fixed.

Seems that when you switch accounts, , your email account has to be verified again. Goto the Dropbox website, and goto Personal Account > General. Where your Personal email is shown, a verification email needs to be send and ackowledged. After that, I could reactivate with a new Prime 4 activation code.

Regards

Jack.

2 Likes