Synchronising SC6000 with Engine Prime

He is not planning at all rather than as a conduit.

• Add new download to EP

• Sync new downloads to 6000 drive

• Unplug 6000

• Delete new downloads from EP

• Tracks are in 6000 Internal

• Rinse and repeat whenever her gets new tracks

This is what I believe he is planning

Looks workable on paper but not ideal

If I was him I will use an external SSD for library management and playback

That way you can be assured that nothing will go wrong.

Only issue is not having his library in any other supported application except EP.

@RobFrancis

Why don’t you drag and drop your laptop EP playlists using your to ITunes manually

1 Like

Ok, didnt read it that way, but I could be wrong :slightly_smiling_face: In that case, dont use Sync manager.

And I agree, Mufasa… Not ideal - but we all have our different ways to navigate/ work.

What I do, is use Engine Prime with the SC6000 in computer mode that holds the SSD.

So the collection stays on the device. Everything happens on the device. Your drive caddy is the player.

Isn’t that what you want @RobFrancis?

1 Like

How do you get music into the 6000SSD?

Yep that is what I am doing. I agree, it is not ideal, and doesn’t work the way I hoped it would.

I like the idea of having an external drive as you suggest, but I don’t know how to get there from where I am now.

My situation now is that the internal SC6000 drive is the most up to date version of my library. The library on my laptop is out of date and useless; this is because changes I made on the player don’t sync back to the laptop like I assumed it would. The documentation says that loops and cues are synced back, but not changes to crates. Which begs the question, why does the player allow me to manage crates on the player when I am not supposed to?

This is what I noticed :point_up_2:

Thats where I am now, yes. I had wrongly assumed Engine would sync everything on both the laptop and the SC6000.

Windows Explorer. In the folders that represents the crates.

Sorry that should be “delete from inbox”, using the “remove from Crate” option on the SC6000

1 Like

I understand its not as you thought it would be, but I would start over, using Engine Prime. This will also work as your ‘back-up’ in case your drive goes dead (God forbid it)

Maybe even start one Layer before, using iTunes and from there import to Engine Prime and export to the SC6000 … This way, if you ever want to switch to another brand (again God forbid it from happening) you will be able to keep the exact same structure.

I do all my crates in iTunes, create a smart folder for new tracks with the rule that if it is in another folder, it will disappear from the ‘New Music’ folder.

Then import in EP where I place loops and Hotcues, and then Sync to my external device for my SC5000.

EACH time I have been using my SC5000s and maybe added more Hotcues or changed loops, i always sync this data back to EP before syncing stuff from EP to the external drive.

If you forget to Sync from your SC6000 drive, back to EP, you might end up overwriting the latest changes made on that drive.

So always remember that before adding new tracks

1 Like

You may consider this as day 1, the start of a new library.

Maybe get a new SSD, then copy all your dj music tracks into one folder called DJ MUSIC, you may decide to sort them to into folders later but i doubt thats a concern for you as with your current EP Sync Manager produced 6000SSD you have no control over folders.

So if you want create a few loose genre folders or just continue dumping new tracks into DJ MUSIC as you acquire

Now start rebuilding playlists or crates.

It will take a few weeks but then you know it will be worth it.

You can download serato to make the crates, use their smart crates feature

EP will not read serato smart crates but you can make a manual crate out of it.

Eg say you make a smart crate with the following rules TOP40, 1991 - 1999, serato will search your library for all tracks that meets that criteria, then you copy all the tracks from that crate into a manually created TOP40 90s Crate in Serato.

Then you sync serato to EP all your tracks are as they were but now with EP reference

If you unplug that drive and plug it as an external SSD to 6000 your TOP40 90s crate is ready.

If you add more songs to the TOP40 when using the 6000, when you plug that drive back to EP you will see the crate with the new tracks.

@Engell just took the words out of my mouth, and he used fewer words as well :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@RobFrancis EP is still very much in its infancy, despite Denon’s best effort to preserve database between updates and when extra features are added, i often have to redo my library.

I do this sometimes twice a day lol, as i’m always stress testing it, till i break something.

But i can do this because i have always used Serato to do my library, worst case scenario i lose the hot cues i have added in EP.

if its rekordbox, itunes, traktor, whatever just have another basic library structure there. that way you know where to go if you need to get things back to EP

This is what my SSD looks like.

About 18 broad folders

My MUSIC AUDIO only Folders has more folders as its a legacy file structure from my itunes days but over the years i have been trying to bring things to look like my MUSIC VIDEO folders

I like to build playlists and set queue points on my SC6000s it’s just the way I like to create a set then I go into engine DJ and color code and label my queue points (wish I could do that on the player) This is my workaround.

1. connect SC6k to laptop in computer mode
  2. sync.
  3. Connect a Formated thumb drive to the laptop
  4. sync the new playlist to the thumb drive.
  5. Eject Dennon sc6k internal drive
  6. eject the USB drive
  7. now the new playlist is on the Mac in engine DJ (and backed up on a thumb drive)

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.