Feeling more comfortable on the new gear I’m starting to play around now with more of the features and decided to give the sync engine a bit of a test drive this weekend. I set both players to tempo (just wanted speeds to be recognized) and started my set.
A couple of things I noticed that should be looked at by the dev team in a future update:
- Half speed tracks attempt to double, so if I’m at 140 and drop in a 70 track it gets cranked up 100%. This is hard to correct in a hurry. I’d consider this a high priority item to fix.
- When stopping the “master track”, the button on the other player lights up immediately, but there seems to be a bit of a delay before the pitch fader on that deck reactivates. Not a huge delay - just a few seconds. But I’d start sliding the fader around and then notice that it hadn’t grabbed. This isn’t necessarily a priority to fix, but it might be worth either getting rid of the delay, or adding the same delay to the master button just so it’s clear when we can start playing around.
Overall it all continues to work impressively. I’ve been recording all my sets out with them to review for any other issues (audio pops and such things) and it’s all flawless.