Sync question

@PKtheDJ You are very knowledgable and can be great help here as we have all seen (read) but you can be short and sarcastic and rude most of the time even though you are willing and trying to help.

@subwax Your first response was rude and not helpful at all with respect to his direct question. if you can’t see that, then there’s not much to say.

If you want to help, then help and helping means offering your knowledge not saying read the manual.

That’s as much as you will get out of me on this.

:peace_symbol:

4 Likes

With respect - I didnt ask for your opinion, however I accept your point of view. i am, happy with my post - I do not consider it rude in the slightest. My advise to anyone who wants to use the sync button would be to learn to beat match - every time. The people I have spoken to have accepted my advise as coming from a place of friendship, not bad feeling. i think these posts say more about you than they do me.

If you’re not happy, then there’s not much I can say, other than I am sorry you feel like that.

Also - this notion that he had to prove himself to me first- that is utter nonsense. Nobody has to prove anything to me at all, and vice versa. I would have had the same conversation with someone who was new to this, or an old timer like me. To suggest otherwise is again trying to fan the flames of drama.

I’m done with this drama, guys - got enough of that in real life. Have at it, if you must. Peace.

@AngelDee - The exact functionality (increase/decrease) synchronized tempos with a button press does not exist but I think it is a very interesting idea and one that other users may benefit from. We are always looking to add new and useful features to our products so, it is probably worth submitting a feature request for the community to vote on.

Glad to hear there is a manual workflow to help you achieve this.

In the SC6000 Manual, it says “Important: If Sync is activated, moving the pitch fader on the “master” SC6000 PRIME unit will change the speed of all synced units, while moving the pitch fader on other units will do nothing.

This does not happen. I tested it today and the master player’s fader is locked despite the manual saying otherwise.

2 Likes

I will check this behavior out.

But I expect every track speed to change when Sync is active on any deck I move the pitch, irrespective if the deck is the master or not.

Could this not be a soft takeover issue, or is this happening on your very first mix?

1 Like

You are right, I am just now getting used to the soft takeover that I keep reading about. Never understood it until I just tried it again.

1 Like

Yes. Just realized it, in practice.

Hi there,

If sync is turned on the tempo will follow the master track.

So there is 2 ways to achieve changing bpm

1. increase or decrease the tempo on the master track, the others will follow seamless. Keep in mind te " threshold" on the pitch slider. You can do this before or even while mixing in the new track.
  2. mix in the new track, when mixing in is complete, make the new track the master track. After that you can change te tempo. Greetz, Robert
1 Like

Jwill, you confuse me. If I change the tempo on the master track, all others do follow in my setup if sync is enabled. I a way that is a press of a button / slider movement.

only the master deck dictates the tempo