Sync - Auto beat matching

I am not that skilled in beat-matching (yet). When I use Denon ny MC4000 (with Algoriddim DJay), 95% of mix with Sync worked very fine! With Prime 4 it is “5%”, no matter how many times I press Sync on both playing songs. Is there something in the setup of Prime, I need to do, so I can get it to 95%? :slight_smile: Or other ideas (beside, start training ;-))? Thank you!

Make sure the beat grid is correct or it will definitely be wrong. And yes, start training :wink:

1 Like

Prime also gives you options to beat match to Bar, Beat and a third one I can’t remember

1 Like

The third one is only sync tempo, no beat or bar.

1 Like

That makes sense.

I think like a lot of people, I just tried each setting for a while, worked out the one that worked best for me and my style of mixing and my style of music and stuck with that option, locked in on the players

1 Like

The grid must be good from both the songs. And then select the sync button from the song/bpm you want to use. And then select the other sync button. So both are selected now. And then the beatmatching will be fine.

1 Like

That’s the problem if you’re relying on sync - getting the grid good enough. Engine Prime is better than it was at the task but still not perfect. Very little software is. Best to learn how to adjust manually.

2 Likes

Match the bpms with the pitch slider and go from there. I find Engine does a good job with the music I play old skool house, house, funk. Haven’t tried with other flavours such as DnB.

1 Like

Sorry to revive this thread, but im finding the same issue. with the sync options & I was just wondering if you managed to sort it out? . I too have upgraded from Algoriddim djay pro on an iPad with a Numark idjay pro controller & sync worked amazingly well i mean really really well . Denon seem to have over complicated a function that is supposed to be there Aid you…

What issues are you having?

It just doesn’t seem to sync particularly well, even checking the beat grid is correct on each track…

I’ve given up with now it & im using the pitch slider which takes me back to my old 1210 days… It’s just bugging me that something this expensive & with all this processing power doesn’t seem to be able to do what i could with an iPad … :man_shrugging:

What you have to bear in mind is the difference between something designed for beginners/home users/non-DJs and something intended for professional use.

There’s likely to be more “hand holding” with the former and less with the latter.

Are you syncing to grid or tempo?