Sync - Auto beat matching

I am not that skilled in beat-matching (yet). When I use Denon ny MC4000 (with Algoriddim DJay), 95% of mix with Sync worked very fine! With Prime 4 it is โ€œ5%โ€, no matter how many times I press Sync on both playing songs. Is there something in the setup of Prime, I need to do, so I can get it to 95%? :slight_smile: Or other ideas (beside, start training ;-))? Thank you!

Make sure the beat grid is correct or it will definitely be wrong. And yes, start training :wink:

1 Like

Prime also gives you options to beat match to Bar, Beat and a third one I canโ€™t remember

1 Like

The third one is only sync tempo, no beat or bar.

1 Like

That makes sense.

I think like a lot of people, I just tried each setting for a while, worked out the one that worked best for me and my style of mixing and my style of music and stuck with that option, locked in on the players

1 Like

The grid must be good from both the songs. And then select the sync button from the song/bpm you want to use. And then select the other sync button. So both are selected now. And then the beatmatching will be fine.

1 Like

Thatโ€™s the problem if youโ€™re relying on sync - getting the grid good enough. Engine Prime is better than it was at the task but still not perfect. Very little software is. Best to learn how to adjust manually.

2 Likes

Match the bpms with the pitch slider and go from there. I find Engine does a good job with the music I play old skool house, house, funk. Havenโ€™t tried with other flavours such as DnB.

1 Like