Switching between tidal and internal HDD or USB Drive

Hi all, I just wanted to trie Tidal the first time on my prime 4.

Everything is working fine BUT if I once switched from internal HDD or an external USB Device to tidal I am not able to switch back to any other device. It is sticking to tidal, no matter what I try. It is showing my crates, etc for a second, is asking if I want to load the user profile but than sticks to the tidal playlists, etc.

I want to use tidal as a “backup” for special requests from the guests but playing my own songs in general. If I can’t switch back it’s totally useless for me.

Needless to say that I already turn off and on, updated the library on the USB device and the HDD with no effect…

Does anybody else had that issue and found a solution?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I now tried Beatport Link and that works fine. Seems to be a specific tidal error…

1 Like

Hy intelior,

I’m experiencing the same issue on my prime 2. Updated yesterday to V1.6.1

I’ve done several restarts but was not able to solve it. Any solutions from denon?

Good to see that I’m not the only one so that it might not be resulted from my specific device.

Forgot to say: I’m running 1.6.1 as well.

Cheers

I have the same thing happening right now on my Prime 4. I decided to try this Tidal everyone raves about, and what a disaster. Same deal, once you go to Tidal, you can’t go back to your internal HD. 2 options: Go to your wifi and disconnect from the internet, then if you keep trying to switch between the 2, eventually it will fail to get tidal (bc of no network connection), and as such, it will let you get to your Internal HD again. But don’t you dare connect to the Wifi again, bc it will immediately throw you back into Tidal. And then obviously, even worse option, but the only way to 100% resolve, is to reboot the Prime, and NOT use Tidal. All this did for me was reinforce the fact that serious professional DJ’s should absolutely not mess with streaming. I’m kind of glad this happened, it makes me stick with the option that has less chances of failure.

Hm, seems that there is not a useful solution for that issue.

For me tidal is not an option anymore.

1 Like

If you switch from Tidal to a USB stick, does it work? That is, the problem occurs only when you switch to the HD inside the console?

I tried using an USB device as well. Same issue

1 Like

Then it is a problem that you only get with Tidal, because regularly every night I change from Soundcloud to my local library (SDXC or USB) and I have no problem.

1 Like

your totally right, soundcloud and Beatport works perfectly fine

2 Likes

Hy guys, switched to soundcloud now. Seems to work fine so far.

1 Like

Hm, just tried to reproduce the issue on my Prime 2 (1.6.1) with Tidal on WiFi.

I had no problems switching from internal SSD to Tidal and back again: Tidal on both drives, SSD on both drives, Tidal/SSD, SSD/Tidal and back - no problem at all.

Maybe the Tidal issue has been solved in the meantime? Or is it just the different device (whereas @TomNako has the problem on his Prime 2)?

1 Like

I’m with @Mick70 on this one. This weekend, I played two gigs (4hrs & 7hrs) using my Prime 4 with Tidal and an external SSD hardrive. No issues whatsoever. I was able to seemlessly switch between Tidal and my SSD error free. If possible @intelior , share a short video of the issue that you’re having.

1 Like

I can confirm that problem. Had the same experience once, but after the restart, it was gone and I wasn’t able to reproduce it. Basically, you can’t select anything except Tidal. But as my View button is broken and I didn’t have time to go to service, wasn’t powering my Prime 4 much.

But right now I played for about an hours and don’t have that problem anymore. Just a disclosure… I bought Prime 4 only because of Tidal integration. For my own use of bedroom only (actually in my case Basement only DJ), Tidal is all I need. Every possible song I needed from my youth was there, except Robin Back - First Time, but as it was some cooperation with Coca Cola, I guess they have some copyright and nobody mess with Coca Cola.

It’s Robin Beck, and it seems to be available on Tidal for me (UK).

1 Like

Huh… let me try with NORD VPN proxy… Same. there is 51 song from Robin Back but not First Time track. Can you see “First time” song from UK? Thanks

Yes and I just played it too. It’s Beck, not Back.

1 Like

Thanks. Are you sure that is it original song from 1988? I also see some First Time radio Version feat. Robin Beck from 2006 but that is not an original one? I also can’t find “Save Up All Your Tears” from '89

OK, now it’s getting crazy. I rebooted several times before writing this post. On two days.

Now I turned the thing back on for the first time after a few days and now everything works fine.

Thanks for all, the problem is solved for whatever reason.

robin beck tidal

1 Like

Thanks! I have tried everything. I use UK, USA VPN, few servers but nothing… Always the same choice of 51 tracks. As I’m in Eastern Europe, I made a Tidal account using VPN, because, in my country, there was no Tidal when I have bought Prime 4.

As a last resort, could you please be so kind and share with me “First Time”

Right-click and you will get the link like this

Blinding Lights by The Weeknd on TIDAL

Thank you.