Sweep FX in headphones only

Who’s talking about Hardware?

Not sure you know the difference between the two? .

hardware is the knobs faders, inner workings and outer casing of the unit.

Software is how it performs during playback !.

You can modify the software to preform most functions with a upgrade, or patch, including routing the master out, via the headphone sockets to eliminate this issue,

if this is not possible, then the design is flawed, and needs to be modified in the future.

We are talking about hardware because the issue is around how hardware effects are routed through the on-board mixing console on prime units.

You said:

“every other dj software I’ve used, you can tailor this to your preference.”

I assume you are talking about laptop based DJ software eg: Serato, Traktor which is completely different to this scenario and unrelated. Hardware devices run on firmware and not software.

Denon’s HARDWARE design with regards to effects routing is in line with the ‘industry standard’ which is also non-configurable.

Also, it would be good for you to tell us which ‘software’ you are referring to where you can tailor it to your preference.

And explain how a software update can reroute hardware to work in a different way, without a soldering iron.

You can use Engine software on your laptop / home p.c.

The same way that you can use Rekordbox.

You can modify the way your hardware works in Rekordbox stand alone mode, and then update your software modifications via pro link, to your player.

Why can’t you do this in Engine, when OTHER SOFTWARE has the functionality?

This is where software and hardware can work together,

It has nothing to do with a soldering iron, which is a pathetic reply, to a real problem for me…:angry:

You can only set up the player, not the mixer. Same settings You can pre-make for a usb stick for denon players.

As for audio signal routing - this is done on the prime 4 as it is on X1850 (same mixer architecture), as it is done also on the Djm-900. Filter and sweep fx can be monitored in the headphones only when You are having the headphones set to listen to master signal - completely normal and this is a stage/industry standard for at least 10 years now.

2 Likes

Thanks, that explains it better than i can.