Stuck in Engine DB 1.6

Hi All,

After searching some hours in the forum couldn’t find an answer so here is my question. I have noticed that my prime 4 is working on a database in version 1.6. I have realised that it is really using the one in the folder “Engine Library/Database2” instead of the one located in “Engine Library/” root, where there is like an older DB with 2.0.

How I’ve noticed, you will ask? Well because the DB files in this one are much bigger.

Why I care? Because I was trying to run one of this “Relocate Tracks” softwares, to get rid of my red files and basically it does not support anymore 2.0 (as I understand). GitHub - rshea0/tuneup-prime: A library management toolkit for Denon Engine PRIME 🎧

My question 1 is: Is there a way to force an upgrade of Database from 1.6 to 2.0? I have tried multiple ways of pasting files from backups here and there with different versions of Engine Prime 1.6, 2.0.1 and other tweaks as indicated here but nothing seems to be working. Prime 4 Update DJ 2.0 --> back to Engine 1.6.1? - #4 by Reese

My question 2 is: Is there a way to indicate Engine Prime which DB to use? Like a folder selector seems no brainier, considering it’s there for itunes.

My Primer 4 and Engine DJ are updated to the last version.

Thanks in advance,

this is 2.0 db

you are on 2.0

it probably does not support 2.0

use lexicon

db files in 1.6 is bigger than 2.0.

1 Like