Strange headphone noise after 5-20 minutes

Every time when using the prime go (for 2 days), after 5-20 minutes their is a tremendous noise heard in your right headphone channel. I’ve tested it with different headphones on both headphone connections at the front. The noise is heard with or without battery use. After a reboot the noise will be remain silent, but gets back after 5-20 minutes. this is unworkable. Reset of the system does not make any difference and I cannot update the software because it has the latest version already 1.4.1. This is not the quality which i’m used to from denon.

Does anyone have an idea? Thnx in advance

Is the noise only in the headphones ?

Any Mics on?

Is there any light to show when battery charging has begun , even if it’s not running from battery at the time ?

Hi s_anderson,

The noise is only on the right channel of the headphone and not on the master output. It sounds like somebody is reading the newspaper and scrolls to the next page. This problem occurs in both situation, when using the battery and/or using the power supply. If the battery is charging you see the green ligt at the left top above the assign button for the FX. So that seems to work oke. I have not further clue what can cause the noise.

Greetings Stefan,

So does the noise volume rise (as the page is being turned) then quieten down for a few seconds then repeats, or is it more like once the turning page noise starts, it’s forever there?

Are the headphones monitoring single channels only or master or split cue (or is split cue missing on Go?).

Can you change the sound of the noise if the headphone jack is moved slightly in the headphone jack?

If speakers are plugged in, specially powered speakers, can you unplug them and try again for the noise? Gone? Any difference ? Same?

What music source ? Hard drive? Ssd? Powered drive? Unpowered drive? Anything else electrical powered nearby ? Like monitor speakers very close or a cooling fan on the desk? A laptop power supply nearby?

So does the noise volume rise (as the page is being turned) then quieten down for a few seconds then repeats, or is it more like once the turning page noise starts, it’s forever there? When the noise begin, it begins at a low volume, but it’s getting noisier every minute, but it does that with ups and downs. it’s like a wave.

Are the headphones monitoring single channels only or master or split cue (or is split cue missing on Go?). It makes no difference how loud the volume level is or if i turn the cue mix knob to cue or master. i think it does not have split que.

Can you change the sound of the noise if the headphone jack is moved slightly in the headphone jack? No I have no influence on it.

If speakers are plugged in, specially powered speakers, can you unplug them and try again for the noise? Gone? Any difference ? Same? i use the prime go on the cause for example only with my headphone in and have no speakers connected. and if i have connect speakers. it does nog maken any difference at all.

What music source ? Hard drive? Ssd? Powered drive? Unpowered drive? Anything else electrical powered nearby ? Like monitor speakers very close or a cooling fan on the desk? A laptop power supply nearby? It sounds like interference but it makes the strange noise in every situation. so with or without speakers, nearby a tv of not, outside, inside home. so it likes more on een internal interference.

strange wright?

I would suggest you make a recording and upload it somewhere so Denon can hear it.

Yeah I will record it tomorrow. And share it.

I’ve uploaded 3 mp3 files where you can here the headphone noise my Prime Go makes on the right channel. I’ve connected a reload tape2 to the headphone jack and recorded it. Hopefully you can hear it. It sounds louder in your headphone.