Still no way to delete or modify streaming account login info?

I’ve just tried to get back onto SoundCloud from my Prime 4 (after not using the login for a while) and it’s not connecting.

At first the P4 was just sitting there trying to connect, but not doing so. Then I tried deleting the P4 from ‘connected applications’ in SoundCloud via my PC. It was listed as Numark (?) but now having removed that, the P4 tells me “invalid response received from soundcloud servers”, when I would have expected the P4 to provide me with another linking code, to re-establish the link between SC and P4.

After the long awaited update to 1.6, and numerous people complaining about not being able to delete/modify/log in/out of the accounts from the P4…nothing’s changed?

How do I fix this, Denon?

2 Likes

I think you just click on the cog icon then log out on the players if its the same as Tidal?

Well there’s the issue. There’s no cog icon.

On the page where you can select the source of the tracks (USB stick, Tidal, Soundcloud, etc.) in the lower left there is a gray gear, press that.

What, this page?

Go to the playback screen Click the source select icon on the top left of the screen Select your streaming source Click the gear icon on the bottom left of the screen

There is no gear icon on the bottom left, because it doesn’t log in. It tries and fails.

the icon is only accessible once you’re logged in.

1 Like

:astonished: :hushed: :open_mouth:

The funny fact is that V1.6 has been delayed to make sure it doesn’t have any bugs. After a few days of our tests the first problems begin. It occurs to me that it would be better to trust us users more and send more public betas instead of reserving the debug for private betas, which then show the results. :confounded: :triumph: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

Any progress or solution with this issue? I am simply trying to relink my Prime, but with a new SoundCloud account, and run into the “SoundCloud Login Failed… Invalid response received from SoundCloud servers. Please try again.”

Just so you know. I just bought a prime 4 and updated it to 1.6 straight out of the box. then i Fcked up and used the wrong beatsource account. Found the cog and deleted it, signed in new.

This might be a bug with the user :wink:

@PKtheDJ should be the one to write if he then solved the problem and how he did it.

No I didn’t solve the problem. It’s been reported here before - the gear icon needed to change settings etc is only accessible after you’ve logged in, which is useless if you cannot log in.

the solution is above here. go to select source and select the service you want to log out. Then click on the cog and logout.

im having this problem , did you fix it

hi did you find an answer

Anyone found a work round to this epic fail by denon?

Does “reset all settings to default” not fix this if you have no cog icon?

Nope only resets factory settings :expressionless:

Hi guys, I actually had this same and very frustrating issue, but found a resolution. While unconventional, it works.

1. Download the 1.5.2 version firmware and update (most likely a downgrade for people) your device.
  2. Once it’s updated, try the same method of logging into your soundcloud account. For some reason it allowed me in despite my Soundcloud account no longer synced with Denon.
  3. More importantly, this provided me access to the settings cog on the bottom left. Log out of your current and faulty account.
  4. Sign in with your new/updated Soundcloud account
  5. Update your firmware to the latest version. All should be fine now.

I know how irritating this is, so I hope this helps out all of you. Cheers ya’ll!

-Fellow Denon DJ, Rob Stolls