STEM Support

• What is the feature or ability you would like to have? NI STEM Support for Prime4

• How will this feature help you and others? Not to mix with 4 Decks - than we have 16 Decks. Every Stem file is a file with 4 separat channels. So we have a touchscreen, we could select which channel from the stem will be played. I think the device has enough power to use also stem files.

• Is this feature available in an existing product? If so, what product? Native Instruments

• Does a workaround currently exist? Not jet.

• How often would you use this feature? For live Mashups often

• Is there any additional information you’d like to add?

Channel 1

Stem1/T1 [ Mute / Unmute ] Drums Stem1/T2 [ Mute / Unmute ] Bass Stem1/T3 [ Mute / Unmute ] Melody Stem1/T4 [ Mute / Unmute ] Vocal

Channel 2

Stem2/T1 [ Mute / Unmute ] Drums Stem2/T2 [ Mute / Unmute ] Bass Stem2/T3 [ Mute / Unmute ] Melody Stem2/T4 [ Mute / Unmute ] Vocal

Channel 3

Stem3/T1 [ Mute / Unmute ] Drums Stem3/T2 [ Mute / Unmute ] Bass Stem3/T3 [ Mute / Unmute ] Melody Stem3/T4 [ Mute / Unmute ] Vocal

Channel4

Stem4/T1 [ Mute / Unmute ] Drums Stem4/T2 [ Mute / Unmute ] Bass Stem4/T3 [ Mute / Unmute ] Melody Stem4/T4 [ Mute / Unmute ] Vocal

I think you get an Idea what that made for possibilities :wink:

But I think in STEM Mode we must blend off the needle search.

1 Like

How recently was the last stem file released by NI ?

Are they likely to make any more after their recent announcements of “no more innovation”

don´t know when they relased their last stem-files. But you can do also stems by yourself - with the stem editor.

I had some fun with the 4 deck - with 1 drumloop / a bass file / a melody and a vocal on the 4th deck. So there came my idea on stem support, because it is the same … but - you have 4 times more fun :wink: