Stagnant Beat Jump Value

• What is the feature or ability you would like to have? When you cut a loop, the beat jump value also changes to whatever the loop value was cut to. We need an option for the beat jump value to NOT change.

• How will this feature help you and others? The beat jump function will not remain at 1/32, 1/16, etc. if a previous loop has been cut down to that size. It makes no sense why the beat jump would chance upon having your loop size change.

• Is this feature available in an existing product? If so, what product? All DJ programs I’ve used don’t randomly have the beat jump function change in size just because you cut a loop.

• Does a workaround currently exist? Yes, by manually changing the loop size back to a higher value.

• How often would you use this feature? I would always have my beat jump kept to 8 beats.

4 Likes

It will be nice if the Beat jump value and Loop value are independent of each other.

It’s available like that in Serato DJ.

Probably will require a GUI change to reflect this on Engine OS.

Is this feature feasible @JWiLL

Serato, Traktor and if I remember Mixxx also has it. All independent from loop size. This feature was already requested and talked thru some time ago…