Stagelinq protocol API availability? (Part 1)

Gotcha yeah this is expected behavior for now since Deck 1 is checked before Deck 2, and the line fader of Deck 1 is over .99. Also just to confirm, people would hear Deck 1’s track as it’s reported out in Unbox right?

Its in my C drive

Can you try moving unbox to your desktop? It looks like your user doesn’t have permissions to create the needed config file in the Program Files directory.

I deleted it, redownloaded, unzipped, placed it c again. Then restarted PC.

Works now!

PS

The unzip process is long

PS2

Any chance we can truncate the text automagically eg i don’t want all the other stuff underlined to show in it. I noticed it ignores any text after an hyphen (which is good), maybe it can ignore anything that starts with a bracket in "(" in the title field or from the second “(”.

Now I understand how it works (deck 1 is always check first). Btw is it a way to prevent Unbox from dividing very long artist to two lines in HTML output? I want to have artist tag in a one line always. For now I’m using OBS browser source width with artist/title font size to work around it.

I finally got it !!! You do not need to connect to the mixer :smiley: The mixer infos are transmitted through the player, so the connection to the miwer is NOT needed (I figured it out with the UNBOX logs). So everything is now working fine, I can go further with my project :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi mate! I continue to use UNBOX and I am really satisfied with it. However, I would like to point out that rarely, the software fails to grab the title from the Serato Live Playlist. So although the track has changed and is present in the Serato playlist, it doesn’t change on UNBOX. I am therefore forced to perform a Refresh, but the current track is not grabbed by UNBOX which returns to work regularly with the next track. Basically, it skips the track every now and then and there’s no way to grab it with a refresh when the track is already running.

Reading the thread, I found an interesting video for me, thanks! It must be strange that the fader positions are read above .99 for some reason. I’m far away from my computer right now, but I think the last debug script on Windows should tell you the position of the output faders, can you run it and post the result if the fader logs go through:

https://community.enginedj.com/uploads/short-url/c5uoo2zvKQggD63MeyksixS6NWn.zip employee monitoring

Hmm I wonder if the playlist reported the track that was played out, do you have an example playlist / track where this happened?

Nice! So the volume levels for each deck were coming through as expected and changed as you changed the volume?

Yeah going to update the browser overlays so the text doesn’t wrap, I’ll try to get this out with the next release!

@mufasa

Definitely looking into ways to make the install quicker / easier so stay tuned here.

Yeah this option could be included with the feature to remove other text, I can allow for regex so you could add a regex statement like: .+?(?=\() to turn “Soul Man (RedRum) (Clean) (Extended)” into “Soul Man”

1 Like

@erikrichardlarson

I used to use a bit of software until recently called H2R Graphics (Here To Record). It is a green screen app and can be used with the BlackMagic Atem Mini/Pro’s but soon as an OBS browser source in the V2.0 version.

I was thinking how it could be a great way to add on-screen graphics for live streams. I wonder what a collab could bring if the Unbox data was ‘piped’ into H2R Graphics? I used it for stream starting countdowns and ticker. If streaming to YouTube there is also a chat function and while I was updating to the latest version today I thought it would be kinda cool to get the data inputted into the lower thirds section of H2R graphics via a plugin or ‘pipe’ between the two.

The dev is great and we have spoke via email before: https://heretorecord.com/graphics

Here is the GitHub: Issues · iamjohnbarker/h2r-graphics-releases · GitHub

It is just a random thought :slight_smile:. Here is something I did for a birthday message to a friend. It didn’t contain any lower thirds but it is an option with a CSS tweaker built in. I changed the font, size and colours.

2 Likes

certainly . It happened in my last 2 sets: The first UNBOX didn’t grab the caption of one of my tracks (LOL) Paipy - Chimera [Grotesque]. In the next set, “Paipy - Chimera [Grotesque]” was grabbed regularly, but he didn’t grab “Yoshi & Razner - Supernova [Nocturnal Knights]”. The problem is that I forced the refresh, but after restarting UNBOX, until I played the next track, the “GO LIVE” dot was gray and no caption was grabbed. When I played the next track it worked regularly.

Here the Playlist :

1 Like

Ahh found the issue, looks like Serato throws in a timestamp alongside the playlist timestamp on some tracks, easy fix. Just updated the latest release for Windows, try this: https://github.com/erikrichardlarson/unbox/releases/download/8.3/unbox-windows.zip

Thanks for sending over the examples!

Ohh very cool, I’ll reach out to the dev behind the project and see if we can add a local file option to the text mode. This way you could just add Unbox’s txt file and it would render the current track details.

1 Like

This is perfect. I was thinking local mode as it would be ideal. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi Eric, very kind as usual! I can confirm that it works regularly! Now I’m waiting for updates for delays and fades and italics. Also … Do you think you can write two different characters on the same line? That is the title of the track in normal, while the label in italics. Maybe it might help you if the bold is between two square brackets? []. I hope I have explained. But in the meantime, thank you very much! You really are a bomb!

Yesterday I used Unbox while streaming. It stop updating song after 2 songs. Restart didn’t help either :slightly_frowning_face:

I get this too.

I back out until I get to the software selection screen (homepage), choose another software like Serato, then choose Denon again and it seems to reconnect again but for a few more songs.

I’m wondering if the actual hardware is closing the connection? I’ve seen something reported similar when using Resolume so I wonder if it’s firmware.

1 Like

Were you able to see anything in the logs once tracks stopped reporting out?