Stagelinq protocol API

Hi,

Does anyone know if there is a developer API available for Stagelinq? I have been live streaming sets using OBS for quite a long time, and it would be fantastic to be able to get the now playing information from the denon players in order to create a “now playing” widget for live streaming. I have experimented with some cloud based recognition API’s, however these are generally paid for solutions based on a quota which is a little overkill for this use case.

I know the data is sent, as it is visible in Resolume, however I haven’t come across anything as yet that would let me tap into the data being passed around.

If there is no currently available API, are there any plans to release one?

Many thanks,

What’s up @crimsonsimon,

I don’t think it’s available but I think it’s a great idea and I encourage you to submit it as a feature request. Not sure how much data is communicated via the Stagelinq connect or it’s expandability/limitations.

This would be a great request for both Rekorbox and Serato as I know that these software already capture playlist information.

I wonder if adapting one of the open source Pioneer DJ Link apps to see if there is any data sent?

Python ProDJ Link: https://github.com/flesniak/python-prodj-link beat-link: https://github.com/Deep-Symmetry/beat-link

It would be interesting to see what is captured from the Link ports.

Same here. A feature like this would be very exciting.

Hi all,

Thanks for the replies on this one. I think I will pop it in as a feature request. It would certainly be well used from my perspective for live streaming!! There are a lot of OBS solutions out there for serato and virtual DJ that I have noticed, and some for VLC and other players, but nothing yet that can tap into the data sent through Pioneer or Denon’s proprietary protocols.

I may have a look through wireshark to see if there is anything in there I can pick out, but it would certainly be nice if an official API was released for us to develop against as they have for Resolume and Soundswitch.

@crimsonsimon I doubt they would release it to the general public, but it must exist as it’s been used by the companies you mention. Serato and Atomix also used a Denon API to add support to their DJ software.

Have you contacted anyone at Denon? If you’re a developer and meet their requirements then presumably they would work with you.