Stagelinq protocol API availability? (Part 2)

Still working on improving StageLinq part of it. Little by little.

1 Like

This is exactly what I need, well just one SC5000, nothing more LOL

Iā€™m using djctl, it does support SC players now

Works like charm and has amazing documentation (although not free).

2 Likes

Just to clarify.

It IS FREE. You donā€™t have to pay anything to use it. The free version doesnā€™t have any limitation except for customizing how the themes look.

For example: The ASOT theme is red, left justified, and uses the Helvetica font. If you want to change it from red to blue, change the font, or right justify it then you need the pro version. If you like red, no problem. Stick with the free version for as long as you want :slight_smile:

And finally, the subscription gives you the updates. If you stop your subscription, you can keep using the last pro version you had forever.

Thereā€™s a lot more info in the FAQ on the website. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Btw. So I sold the CDJ-2000NX2s today. Had to stream so I used the Prime Go. Already found at least 3 bugs today for Denon. Not sure why nobody else has reported them. :stuck_out_tongue:

I definitely know the cause of 2 of the bugs.

1. Album art carried over from one track to the other (which it shouldnā€™t)
  2. The timer logic is wrong. (The part that decides if a song is ā€œliveā€ or not)

The 3rd one (sleeping issue) might be tricky to uncover. :slight_smile:

Can you explain more? This is bug #3 i ran into myself today. Is it a problem with other Now Playing softwares? Resolume doesnā€™t have this issue, does it?

I think it was this thread that caught my attention. I think there is something in the API Part 1 thread somewhere too. I should have said ā€˜standbyā€™ really!

1 Like

I am very impressed with the current state of development. Maybe a bit tricky to use for non tech userā€™s but workā€™s flawless.

1 Like

I am very impressed with the current state of development. Maybe a bit tricky to use for non tech userā€™s but workā€™s flawless.

Thank you! I appreciate the djctl compliment. Iā€™m very excited to now support SC players.

@mhite @MrWilks Since fully committing to the Denon, Iā€™ve been hammering to get this to work. The latest beta has loads of improvements:

Iā€™d love some help testing it out with SC5000 and X1800 if people have those.

• Connects to Denon consistently (Prime Go, 2, 4, SC6000 tested)
  • Survive a rebooting the player by reconnecting as needed.
  • Handles four layers on Prime 4, two layers on Go/2/4/SC6000
  • Handles having multiple Denon devices on the network (ie: having two SC6000 + Prime Go at the same time)
  • Handles multiple USB sticks & if they also have the same name
  • Gets metadata from the DB
  • Gets full sized artwork from media files
  • Algorithm to determine whatā€™s playing based on fader position when used with Prime GO/2/4 or X1850 mixer.
  • Avoids compatibility issues with Resolume and SoundSwitch running on a computer.

It should be pretty easy. Just load it up and the software should detect everything Denon by itself. All you might want to do is adjust the settings for your own DJ mixing style.

4 Likes

@TRIODE This sounds like an absolutely epic update. Iā€™ll be all over this later!

Hi everyone! Amazing job at deciphering stagelinq. Not sure if it was asked before but Iā€™m wondering if there is any hope for not just being able to parse messages but also to send such messages to other apps (e.g. SoundSwitch)? Something like a virtual deck / mixer

glad to see * Algorithm to determine whatā€™s playing based on fader position when used with Prime GO/2/4 or X1850 mixer. hopefully i can ditch my custom go exe soon :smiley: