Stagelinq protocol API availability? (Part 1)

Hi all, just thought I would add to the post that since upgrading to the 1.6 firmware on the SC5000’s and the 1.5 firmware on the X1800 the now playing code I posted earlier in this thread is working perfectly with or without soundswitch running on the same host. Have had several successful streams now with the now playing info displayed in OBS.

There were some mentions of network stability improvements in the latest EngineOS update so wonder if that has resolve the initial issues.

FYI my current set up is :

Apple Macbook Pro late 2016 i7 16Gb MacOS Big Sur v11.2 OBS latest stable release Soundswitch latest available release Denon SC5000 and X1800 on latest release firmware (Connected via ethernet cable to router)

2 Likes

Did you grab any screenshots? Or a link to a stream you’ve done? I am super curious to how you have implemented it into your workflow. It seems promising.

@yeltsin I keep checking @erikrichardlarson and his Unbox page, looking for updates GitHub - erikrichardlarson/unbox: Log and display your rekordbox / Serato / Traktor tracks as they're played

Thats a screen grab of the stream. The lower thirds are displaying the text output from the application getting the now playing info from Stagelinq.

Stream is every Tuesday at 8pm on Mixcloud

3 Likes

Really really nice. I’ll give you a follow. That track info, is it via a browser source? Or directly as a local tech source?

It looks great.

I’m not a coder at all, can you give me some clues on how to get it to run please?

Thank you for the kind words and for the follow! Really appreciate that!!

I have the code outputting the track info to a plain text file, and I have added that text file as a text source in OBS which OBS reads in realtime each time it is modified…so the OBS side is really straight-forward.

As I am on Mac, the browser source options in OBS are a bit limited which is a shame…the Windows version is far more flexible…but this works well so far and so much better since the firmware upgrades to the denon kit!

@yeltsin

This would need to be compiled using goLang tools into an executable file. I only have a Mac so it is compiled to run in terminal. The code in the posts above coupled with the resources on GitHub will provide you with the source and from there you would need to download and install goLang from here : The Go Programming Language (golang.org)

Then you use go build from a command line to compile the code into an exe to run. Alternatively you can use the command line to run the code pointing at the go files them selves.

Here are instructions for the compiler process :

How To Build Go Executables for Multiple Platforms on Ubuntu 16.04 | DigitalOcean

Hope that helps.

Magic. That is how I currently do it too. It looks great.

I’m on a Mac too, do I still follow those instructions, and thanks :pray:

Thanks @MrWilks really appreciate the feedback.

@yeltsin for the build of the code, the commands are the same on both Windows and Mac, just the end result is a different type of executable file.

2 Likes

@MrWilks @yeltsin I’m working with someone right now who has Denon gear and we’re testing @crimsonsimon’s code. Once we get it working, the plan is to build the executables, and package them with unbox so you’d have a Denon mode that would just work. You guys will be the first to know when this is live, appreciate the support as always!

6 Likes

Yo yo just wanted to let y’all know that the code is working on it’s own right now and I’ll be integrating with unbox this week, hope to have the Mac and Windows versions out for you this week.

3 Likes

This is really positive. Thanks for the heads-up @erikrichardlarson

I really can’t wait to try it. Will it take the data from the fader position for ‘on-air’ recognition? This is something that will allow us to get around the time delay and only display the track once we hit 100%. It is how SoundSwitch sees the next track change too.

Looks like Unbox will be the one to beat now!

1 Like

Yeah going to try to bring in the MixerCrossFaderPosition and make sure that’s not set completely away from the deck that’s playing a track. That combined with the deck volume data should let us know if a track is currently being heard by your listeners and we can report it out then.

Haha still have to get it working, but yeah excited to get this out for y’all!

4 Likes

hey here’s the release for y’all, just select the Denon mode when your player is live

and here is a quick stress test we ran: Denon Prime/Stagelinq Now Playing Test - YouTube

6 Likes

Those are 2x SC6000s + X1850 being tested there on all four layers. Works great haven’t been able to trip it up! Thanks so much for this amazing work @erikrichardlarson :grin:

1 Like

Is the X1800/X1850 mixer required with this script? I have the Denon players, but am using a DJM900.

I’m not sure, the data is being pulled from the decks and those are connected so it should work? I’d download and give it a quick test though, lmk what you find.

So far, it is not displaying what is now playing. :frowning:

Are you on discord? Easier to debug issues there haha I can send over some code and we can see what’s going on.

My hunch is a Stagelinq mixer is required because how else would the players know where the fader levels are?

Unless @erikrichardlarson can cross the Denon-Pioneer divide :slightly_smiling_face: