Soundcloud Playlist Limit???

Hi,

I love to play long sets and I have a few playlists that I have been building for years on soundcloud. Theses playlists are several hundred tracks long, but when I try to play them on my Prime 4, I only get the first 100 tracks.

Is this some kind of limit on soundcloud’s side? Is this something that we could see fixed in the next update? Is there something that I am missing?

Normally, I would just break the long playlists up into 100-track sections, but soundcloud will only let you move one track at a time. I really don’t want to have to go through my playlists and split them into 100-track sections one song at a time. I would expect to be able to load and play my full playlists. Maybe I am missing something, maybe it’s a limitation that soundcloud put on, maybe it’s a bug, either way, I would love to see this resolved.

3 Likes

I am finding the same problem not really sure what a solution could be other than making a new playlist with recent songs

I also have many large playlists and would love to see this limit removed if possible.

1 Like

@lewis.stockie @A1pha0 Hi guys, I would like to know if you are using Soundcloud GO+.

Can you tell me if from the console it is possible to play both the tracks labeled “GO+” and the normal ones, that is, those songs that can be listened to on soundcloud even without an account?

Yes I have a soundcloud Go+ account and not really sure haven’t tried

Yes Soundcloud Go+ gives you access to the full catalogue. If you’re a new user you can try it out for free for a period of 30 days

Ok, thanks. :+1: :+1:

@DjAj Get 3 months *FREE* Soundcloud Go+

1 Like

Thank you. I still got emails from Denon. :star_struck:

@addie @lewis.stockie @A1pha0 hi guys, can you tell me if you have seen any difference in the Soundcloud use going from firmware 1.5 to the new 1.6?

I don’t understand what’s new with 1.6 as indicated in this post where it says: “Added BPM & Key info to SoundCloud tracklists”. Previously they weren’t displaying keys and BPMs?

Hi DjAj,

That is correct. Prior to the 1.6 update, key and bpm information had to be analyzed on the fly by Engine OS just like the rest of the track information. Now, it is something that is already available in the track selection process. Also, you can now see which tracks have been played during that set from any streaming service. This was a feature for local sources, such as USB and SD drives, for a while but now it has been added to the streaming services.

Uauh! This is great. :heart_eyes: :star_struck: So only with SoundCloud is it possible to preview the key and BPM without having analyzed the file yet?

I ask you this because now I am trying Tidal but it has remained as with the old firmware, that is, I must first download and analyze the tracks before displaying the key and bpm. Then they will remain stored in my SDXC and will subsequently be visible.

Same problem here using version 1.6.2 - why is there a limit in the number of songs?