Soundcloud not connecting

I have my Denon DJ Prime Go updated to 2.0.2. Tidal integration works fine, but when I try to set up ‘Soundcloud’ (I have Soundcloud GO+) from within the controller, the display immediately hangs on the “Connecting to SoundCloud / Establishing connection to SoundCloud” screen and seem to never time out. Please help?

Hey @lbsa71 - Hey, happy to help! Is SoundCloud enabled in your settings?

Hey @Anthony_DDJ - much obliged.

I have enabled Tidal and Soundcloud. Tidal works fine.

The problem is that when I go into Source and Choose ‘Soundcloud’…

… it just hangs on ‘Connecting’ and never times out.

The connection is via my home router. I’ve tried both 5G and non-5G networks.

Again, I have never had any similar problems with streaming from Tidal.

@Anthony_DDJ - any idea?

Hey @lbsa71 - Let’s connect you with technical support. They’ll be able to walk through some solutions with you. Can you DM me your email and phone number?

Did you get my DM?

Hey @lbsa71 - I did. I’ll connect with you there.

I’m also having the same problem, I hope there is a fix

@Anthony_DDJ Hey man, I got in touch with a “Sam” at support, but after an initial correspondence he went silent. Please advise?

1 Like

@lbsa71 Did you get a fix?

No, haven’t heard back from Denon support since the first email I got from them. Also, @Anthony_DDJ seems to not respond. I have now updated to 2.1.1, reset settings, turned on all services, rebooted. All to no avail. I’m just hoping I can get some attention from support.

1 Like

Hey @lbsa71 - Many apologies this hasn’t been resolved. I’ll send you a message to catch up and see how we can get this moving.

@Anthony_DDJ - I think I might know what’s going on:

it seems I have fallen into the same trap that many other have; at some point, a Soundcloud Go+ account has been entered into my PRIME GO, and then that account has cancelled its Go+ subscription, which means my PRIME GO will fail to connect to soundcloud, which is needed in order to get the ‘logout’ button and enter new account info.

I see a handful of reports of the same situation on the forum. I need to somehow clear the soundcloud login info from the PRIME GO. How do one do that?

Needless to say this catch 22 is very frustrating.

Hey @lbsa71 - Let me consult with a team member and see what solutions we can offer.

Hey @lbsa71 - Have you connected with anyone at support? Just want to check so I can consult with them. I’ve forwarded your message to our dev team and thought I’d ask if someone has been helping you to maybe follow up with them as well.

Hey @Anthony_DDJ, thanks for following up. I have DMed you the info.

1 Like

@Anthony_DDJ - thank you for following up.

The problem was that another person, not in my immediate sphere, had logged in on SoundCloud with it, and afterwards cancelled his Go+. I have just now been able to get a hold of that person, and gotten him to revoke the App from within SoundCloud. Soundcloud works for me now. Thank you for your attention, but this is something Denon really should address ASAP.

(ping @gooders )

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.