Soundcloud Not Connecting To Prime 4

Why will my Prime 4 not connect to Soundcloud? Everything else works. I have revoked all access on Soundcloud. I have put firmware 1.6.0 back on, now it is back on 1.6.1 but still Soundcloud only shows as connecting and stays stuck there.

Right now I don’t know if it works or not. But yesterday it worked fine all afternoon, then in the evening it had some problems but after 10 minutes everything was working again.

EDIT: it is not the fault of the firmware version but of the Soundcloud servers

Ok thanks for the reply. I just want to make sure it is not connected to my account when I sell it this evening?

Yep Souncloud doesn’t work on P4 anymore. I don’t know why…

1 Like

I’m getting the same message “failed to connect to soundcloud servers” is there a fix for this yet? TIA

Hi guys, I actually had this same and very frustrating issue, but found a resolution. It has to do with SC and Denon not properly syncing when changes are made, and additionally not allowing the user to access the settings for Soundcloud streaming on your device. While unconventional, it works:

1. Download the 1.5.2 version firmware and update (most likely a downgrade for people) your device.
  2. Once it’s updated, try the same method of logging into your soundcloud account. For some reason it allowed me in despite my Soundcloud account no longer synced with Denon.
  3. More importantly, this provided me access to the settings cog on the bottom left. Log out of your current and faulty account.
  4. Sign in with your new/updated Soundcloud account
  5. Update your firmware to the latest version. All should be fine now.

Good luck and cheers!

-Fellow Denon DJ, Rob Stolls