Sort by Filename

Would like an option to sort by filename when tracks are displayed in this way instead of metadata.

It would seem that anytime the resorting option is used, it cannot go back to simply an order by filename until the hard drive is wiped clean with a fresh library. For instance, if I have numbered tracks in a crate, and songs get resorted by any category, there’s no way to go back to the default sort by filename.

I only play lossless so there’s no metadata in my tracks, which is why I rely heavily on the filename.

1 Like

Is this request for Engine Prime or Engine OS? As for Engine Prime you could activate the column in which the file name is displayed and then click at the top to activate the sorting; have you already tried this way?

Instead for Engine OS I don’t know how to help you because I only use files with TAGs, so I do the sorting with them. However, in the Engine OS preferences there is the possibility of displaying the file name instead of the title of the track (TAG): perhaps by doing this you can also get the order by file name.

This was made as a request, but it didn’t follow the template, so I chose this sub-topic for now. :wink:

1 Like