[Solved] Colors of the jog wheels not correctly assigned to channels

I am not sure if this post belongs to the X1800 or the SC5000 category, but here we go:

I have two sc5000’s, connected (via digital) to the x1800. Channels 3 and 4 are assigned to the player on the right (layers A and B, respectively), and channels 1 and 2 are assigned to the player on the left (layers B and A, respectively). Concerning the volume of each channel, everything is correct, however, concerning the colors of the jog wheels of the players, there is something strange going on:

I set the colors of layers A in both players as Green, and layers B as Blue.

If I rise the fader of channel 2 up to the maximum, the jog wheel of layer A of player on the left turns from white to green, as expected. However, rising the fader of channel 3 actiavtes the blue color of the layer B in player on the right, instead of the green of layer A as it should be.

Concerning the volumes, everything fine, but concerning the colors of the jog wheels:

• Channel 1 is assigned to layer A of the player on the left.
  • Channel 2 is assigned to layer A of the player on the right (this is correct).
  • Channel 3 is assigned to layer B of the player on the left.
  • Channel 4 is assigned to layer B of the player on the right.

Does anybody know how can I correct that?

Recap:

• Left player - ch1+2 - layers B+A
  • Right player - ch3+4 - layers A+B

1234 = BAAB

Layer A of a player dictates where the ethernet should be connected to avoid manual change of settings and to make a quick start setup.

So in your case you should connect the network of the left player to ethernet 2 and the right player to ethernet 3.

2 Likes

Amazing @Reese, now ti’s working perfectly fine. Many thanks man!!

1 Like

No probs mate

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.