Similar Tracks

Rekordbox has a function that dynamically creates a list of songs that “match” a configurable selected track (either the current master track, the selected track, or the tracks in A/B) using a configurable criteria. Rekordbox’s options for this feature are pretty in-depth but the major ones I think are the BPM (plus/minus a certain %) and the key (same key, harmonically compatible key, less-compatible-but-still-compatible key).

Honestly, opening up Rekordbox to take a screenshot of this feature has made me miss this even more, it’s pretty impressive how much you can configure it and unfortunately it really highlights how far Engine Prime has to go to achieve parity.

This feature request also goes for the SC5000 players since the CDJs also have this related tracks feature, but I think there’s already a thread in that forum

• How will this feature help you and others? Greatly speed up planning playlists/sets, as well as being able to get a general sense of what track goes well with what other tracks without needing to actually try it out on the decks

• Is this feature available in an existing product? If so, what product? Rekordbox

• Does a workaround currently exist? Not as far as I can find

• How often would you use this feature? Every time I add a track, I’d be curious to see what other tracks are candidates for mix ins/outs

• Is there any additional information you’d like to add? p l e a s e

6 Likes

This request exists in a couple of places here. Might be worth deleting yours and adding a “like” to the ones with more votes to up the count.

First one: CLICK HERE

Second one: CLICK HERE

Cheers

The first one is for the SC5000/M players, this request is for the view to be available on the Engine Prime software. I don’t know if the two forums are interchangeable but I suggested it here just to be sure

The second one is actually a different suggestion, rekordbox has a function where you can manually mark two tracks as “matching” and it’ll show up on the player. This request is for the “similar tracks” view.

But I definitely voted up those two, since I’d like to see those features as well!

1 Like

Thanks for the info. I actually didn’t know RB method was manual.

I will like yours too then :smiley: